Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, those are AC.

See here INTRO H i F i D U I N O you will have most of the information.

I modified the code to include the power on/off function. DQ828 had demonstrated how to control the backlight LED http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/212747-build-thread-tpa-biii-ian-async-i2s-fifo-opc-ntd1-salas-sslv-23.html#post3198670

Great !!
Thanks for the info :)
Now to do a lil research...

Thinking ipod interface and/or HDMI switch with that will allow me to pull the spdif stream. There's a few available on ebay and could most likely make it work with the HiFiDuino :)

If i do go with the switch option then I will opt for the 8Ch version of the BIII and 4x Legato's set up for balanced and single ended mode :)

Last edited:
Test the Amanero again, thanks for syklab borrows his Amanero to me so that I can confirm all the wiring and setting are correct.

My Amanero suddenly come to alive again. I resolder the Mod to Amanero, but no sound when using the re-clocked BCLK. Check TTL level at all the 74 pins and confirmed pin 1, 4 and 14 are Vcc, pin 7 to gnd, pin 2 & 3 have clk, but not output at pin 5 & 6.

Since both the BCLK and clock signal from oscillator are not TTL, how can the 74 work?

Attachments

• F0000TEK.JPG
    F0000TEK.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
primary 2x115V Secondary:6V 1.25A x 2, 12V 1.25A x 2, 5V 1A x 4, 9V 1.5A x1

I just thought of this...
Wouldn't be easier to have 2 separate transformers ??

The digital circuits fed from 6VAC and regulated to 5VDC and 3.3VDC.
The analog I/V Stage fed from 15VAC and regulated to 15VDC
This way the digital circuits can stay on and put into "sleep" mode while the analog line stage can be all together turned off.

its never easier to have 2 transformers in a build of this size/complexity

Last time I called for a custom toroid to get would for my monoblocks i was qouted $1200 / Toroid !!!

Hence, from that point on I always tend to use off the shelf units.
The units i was going to use are from Antek are AS2215 and AS1206.
A bit overkill for stereo setup, but to power multiple I/V sections and headphone amp for the bipolar supply, and for the rest of the digital and analog 5V supplies will be split. Separate regulated 5V and 3.3V supplies will be fed analog and digital sections.

Adrian,

We had a similar discussion a while back. If you have a look around post #305 in this thread you might find some discussion of interest :)

The point is that for the NTD1 alone there are 2 x antek transformers you would need. Then separate secondary + regulators for each critical sub-circuit you can easily end up wanting far more than 4 secondary windings. For low power stuff a custom unit is no where near the price you're indicating and if you try to use 3 to 5 transformers you quickly end up with trouble fitting the little critters neatly into any reasonable enclosure.

Chris

NTD1 is an IV stage - it is a design by opc based on the Pass Labs D1 New Take D1 became NTD1.

Its power supply is full dual mono and uses 1 secondary per 'phase' of the balanced signal.

It has a thread here - http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/154866-new-take-classic-pass-labs-d1-ess-dac.html

Ummm...
No thanks LOL
Most likely will end up using the Legato Schematic, but instead pile 8Ch onto one larger board.
I'm attempting to have all 16ch wired up and functional for Balanced and SE outputs. 2ch will draw about 500mA, so 8ch will draw about 4x that... A whooping 2A !! and for 16ch should be about 4A !!

Anyways..
I'm gonna stop littering this thread and Start my own..

If i DIY it in $15K what a processor would cost i can build it all myself :)

PS:
I already have started... both ADAU1445 and ADAU1966 are in the Eagle Parts library ;)
Next is waiting to hear back about the CS497024 samples, meanwhile I'm going to draw up a schematic for the DSP/DAC all on 1 Board

Last edited:
And I'm aiming for 16 :eek:

As good as the ESS is, if going for 16 channels and was diying the design, I would probably just be using 2 x multichannel digital input class D amp, or multichannel voltage output dacs. 16channels of IV is just a pita

just the transistor matching for 16 channels of legato is significant work. also IMO, just stick with opamps, honestly the legato sounds like one =) because it basically is one.

I follow HiFiDUINO to mod the clk of AmaneroAmanero USB Synchronous Reclocking H i F i D U I N O
The only different is I use 47R instead 220R connecting to the oscillator. No output at the Potato 74 FF. All the wiring are correct and when I connect the CLK pin of 74 to Vcc, Q has output. Seems the swing of the oscillator level is not enough to trigger the 74 FF. Can anyone advise what goes wrong?

I've tried 100R and 1K resistor and got the same result.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.