Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yes of course they do, but it has nothing to do with the B1 buffer that was in the original pass D1 and you couldnt power such a buffer with a single regulator anyway, if thats what you mean by B1? its a regulator to power the dac itself, so you could power some of the less important tridents for digital supplies with it, not the whole dac like you could with the buffalo II, but it will still be useful. personally I would probably have waited a little bit before ordering everything, there wont be major changes, but I would expect a couple

Last edited:
Would love those values too, always nice to have a good starting point ;).......

I did it like this; only DAC powersupply. 5.25V out. Works perfect.
(sounds good too!) BTW I used 7812 in stead of 7809 as in schematic.

Attachments

• SalasLVtbvB3.JPG
    SalasLVtbvB3.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,132
  • SalasLVtbvB3pcb.JPG
    SalasLVtbvB3pcb.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,102
Last edited:
While have no idea when TPA will ship the BIII, I am preparing the SSLV for the BIII. I also find that I almost have all the components to build the SSLV for legato.

Ordered the Arduino MEGA from Digikey and an 3.2" color LCD with touch screen from iTeadstudio. The cost for building this DAC is far higher than expected. At this moment, I already spent more than $1500. Of course compare with other members, like qusp, just peanut!!:D

3.2" LCD and touch screen? Which screen? Graphic LCDs aren't the simplest to interface to which is why most of us stick to character LCDs that allow you to work with ASCII character sets directly.

The MEGA has a lot more i/o than you'll likely need to control a BIII too. Maybe with a touchscreen you'd need that i/o but its overkill for this application imo.

Don't take the above as discouraging but since you mentioned earlier that you weren't that comfortable programming arduino you've just picked some pretty challenging devices to include in the project by the looks.

3.2" LCD and touch screen? Which screen? Graphic LCDs aren't the simplest to interface to which is why most of us stick to character LCDs that allow you to work with ASCII character sets directly.

The MEGA has a lot more i/o than you'll likely need to control a BIII too. Maybe with a touchscreen you'd need that i/o but its overkill for this application imo.

Don't take the above as discouraging but since you mentioned earlier that you weren't that comfortable programming arduino you've just picked some pretty challenging devices to include in the project by the looks.

I just followed a thread in TPA forum to buy these two components. I didn't know the different between programming a Graphic LCD and a character LCD. Although I've purchased them, but your advice saved me lot of time. The graphic LCD only cost $45, so I can keep it for future project (if any):D, I still need a cheap character LCD for programming and testing before the GB for the VFD. Do you have any recommendation?

Ahhhh I see how that could happen. The navigation on wordpress blog's is imho totally confusing at the best of times, it's really hard to find older posts that are important.

Try this post - INTRO H i F i D U I N O

In there it recommends searching for a screen that is - 20×4 LCD HD44780 - the VFD's discussed in opc's NTD1 thread should be a drop in replacement for that screen and need minimal hardware changes and no software changes. I have contacted noritake about those VFD's and waiting to hear back from them at the moment.

Just finished the SSLV for BIII, 5.25V 650mA output. It takes about 10 minutes for the output to be stable, drifts from 5.25 to 5.207. The temperature for the two FET are very cool. The Q101 is 40 Deg, Q106 is 34 Deg with ambient 28. Small size sink shall be good enough.

Attachments

• SSLV.jpg
    SSLV.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 937
Just finished the SSLV for BIII, 5.25V 650mA output. It takes about 10 minutes for the output to be stable, drifts from 5.25 to 5.207. The temperature for the two FET are very cool. The Q101 is 40 Deg, Q106 is 34 Deg with ambient 28. Small size sink shall be good enough.

Hi, what is the value of Rx01 you use? I use 4.8ohm for 500mA and the heat sink is smaller than yours is quite hot after 30minutes.

But also not compatible with the arduino libraries written for HD44780 LCDs, so the code needs to change significantly to use that screen I think.

Actually, the 169 pin lead on that display actually probably leave you building an adapter board to interface to the arduino anyway, after which the time/cost of that task would leave you better off with the noritake ;)

But also not compatible with the arduino libraries written for HD44780 LCDs, so the code needs to change significantly to use that screen I think.

Actually, the 169 pin lead on that display actually probably leave you building an adapter board to interface to the arduino anyway, after which the time/cost of that task would leave you better off with the noritake ;)

Agree with your view. I received the Arduino and Matrix LCD today. I found that I had a HD44780 LCD bought previously for a project never happened:D Now, I have everything to start my lesson on Arduino.

Waiting for your good news on Noritake;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.