Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV - Page 54 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st September 2013, 01:25 AM   #531
diyAudio Member

That's the basic for a DAC, Ian's FIFO with Si570 Clock will improve the sound a lot. My personal feeling is the Ian's isolator gives more analogue sound. Of course you need another power supply for Ian's devices.

If you need LCD display and remote control, HiFiDUINO is a good reference.

Good luck and enjoy.

I spent 18 months for the project and still haven't finished it, but it gives me lot of fund and learn a lot.
Old 1st September 2013, 04:54 PM   #532
mcluxun is offline mcluxun  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
That's the basic for a DAC, Ian's FIFO with Si570 Clock will improve the sound a lot. My personal feeling is the Ian's isolator gives more analogue sound. Of course you need another power supply for Ian's devices.

If you need LCD display and remote control, HiFiDUINO is a good reference.

Good luck and enjoy.

I spent 18 months for the project and still haven't finished it, but it gives me lot of fund and learn a lot.
Ive got ian's in hand and powered by battery.
Also I ve configured a raspberry pi to output i2s to ian fifo.
Im planning to kind the toslink and spdif inputs on ian's board as well as the raspberry pi through ethernet.
I'm waiting on next GB to get si570 and isolator.
I've also joined GB in ntd1 and salas.
In the end I should get 1 ntd1 board, 3 salas boards and 2 bjt kits(one for dac one for ian's).
Is there anything Im missing?
Old 1st September 2013, 06:01 PM   #533
diyAudio Member

It gives you lot of fund?
I think Im gonna enjoy it.
Old 1st September 2013, 11:19 PM   #534
diyAudio Member

Should be "fun" and spent lot of "fund"

Great project, welcome to the party and enjoy!!!!

Please report your progress.
Old 1st September 2013, 11:27 PM   #535
diyAudio Member

finally, I fixed the hardware communication between Arduino and Si570, but still can't get the code working.

If I connect the Arduino's Tx to Si570 Rx, Si570 will wait for the command from Arduino before switching to the right frequency. So I only connect the Rx to Si570 Tx and read the data. Arduino detected data from Si570 but I still can't get the right command to read and display it

since all the hardware are working perfectly, I will prepare the drawing for the panels and send to FPE.
Old 26th September 2013, 08:17 PM   #536
diyAudio Member

Got my BIII waiting for NTD1 and SSLV.
Ive read through this thread.
Will it be a good idea to introduce a switching mode power supply for adurino and my raspberry pi and fans to solve the space and heat problem?
Old 29th September 2013, 02:07 AM   #537
diyAudio Member

Yes, you can use good quality SMP for the Arduino and raspberry but remember to isolate the signal ground from the audio parts. Fan is not recommended as it will generate both electrical and acoustic noises.
Old 15th November 2013, 10:02 PM   #538
Crom is offline Crom  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Thank you for a very interesting and informative thread. I am part way through reading it as I am about to change my buffalo IV stage and add Ian's FIFO stage to it.

I've come across mention of the NTD1 but having searched there seem to be a few threads dedicated to this and I can't work out which is the definitive read. Can anyone send me some links to the most up to date info and the GB?
Thank you,
Crom
Old 15th November 2013, 11:53 PM   #539
diyAudio Member

Here is the build threads with BOM and Schematic
I don't think there is any GB for NTD1 at the moment. I have a spare kit, drop me a PM.
Old 17th November 2013, 08:32 PM   #540
diyAudio Member

Mine is coming along
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Waiting for two customized O core transformers.
And of course a case.

Hide this!Advertise here!