Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV - Page 52 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th May 2013, 08:35 AM   #511
diyAudio Member

Isolation of signal and power between Amanero and BIII successfully completed yesterday.

During the process, I accidentally shorted the terminals for the Life4PO and lot of smoke came from the battery holder. Fortunately no fire

After replaced the battery holder, start to figure out the communication between Arduino and i570. Thanks for Ian's information, I bought a 232 to TTL converter and confirmed there is data sent from i570 whenever there is a frequency change.

Finally, some of my codes work and confirmed the Arduino detecting data from serial port.

Hope I don't have to spend too much time to write the code for displaying the Fs.
Old 18th June 2013, 11:06 PM   #512
diyAudio Member

not much progress in the last couple of months. The code to read the i570 FS still not working.

Built a SPDIF to TTL converter using 74H04 for connecting the WaveIO to Ian's FIFO but failed. Have signal output from the converter but no sync on FIFO.

The Acko isolator for Amanero also has very loud noise. Spent lot of time but still have no idea what cause the problem.
Old 19th June 2013, 10:10 PM   #513
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
not much progress in the last couple of months. The code to read the i570 FS still not working.

Built a SPDIF to TTL converter using 74H04 for connecting the WaveIO to Ian's FIFO but failed. Have signal output from the converter but no sync on FIFO.

The Acko isolator for Amanero also has very loud noise. Spent lot of time but still have no idea what cause the problem.
Sounds like your doing it tough, good luck.
Old 19th June 2013, 10:28 PM   #514
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ828 View Post
Sounds like your doing it tough, good luck.
Thanks DQ828, it is much more difficult than expected.
Old 21st June 2013, 11:33 AM   #515
diyAudio Member

I dont really understand what your trying to achieve (not enough brain cells ) and I know this would be hard to swallow, but maybe go back a few steps get things working & add a piece at a time.
Old 21st June 2013, 12:38 PM   #516
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

we have already given this advice a few times
Old 21st June 2013, 11:53 PM   #517
diyAudio Member

I planned to connect both Amenero and WaveIO to Ian's FIFO, the FIFO only have one I2S input, therefore I have to convert the WaveIO SPDIF to TTL. The convertor is not working and I shall give up this.
The Amenero is working fine but serious distortion after the Acko isolator - still finding the problem.
The Arduino to i570 communication is a long outstanding issue. As I know very little on writing codes, need lot of time to search the WEB and try.
They are all isolated problem and thanks for your advice.
Old 22nd June 2013, 02:12 AM   #518
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
I planned to connect both Amenero and WaveIO to Ian's FIFO, the FIFO only have one I2S input, therefore I have to convert the WaveIO SPDIF to TTL. The convertor is not working and I shall give up this.
The Amenero is working fine but serious distortion after the Acko isolator - still finding the problem.
The Arduino to i570 communication is a long outstanding issue. As I know very little on writing codes, need lot of time to search the WEB and try.
They are all isolated problem and thanks for your advice.
No wonder your having trouble I googled i570 & it is a Motarola phone!!! what is it really.
Old 22nd June 2013, 06:58 PM   #519
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Si570 its a low jitter programmable frequency clock
Old 23rd June 2013, 02:27 AM   #520
diyAudio Member

i570 works fine and always output the code for FS when there is change. The problem is my Arduino Mega. Although it has 4 serial port, I can't get anyone of them working. The RX pin always pushed to "low" for unknown reason and can't read the data from i570.

Hide this!Advertise here!