Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV - Page 51 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th April 2013, 02:31 PM   #501
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Glad you're moving forward again mate!
Old 30th April 2013, 03:07 AM   #502
diyAudio Member

Thanks Mike.

will connect your balance => SE converter this week and looking forward to the beautiful sound (hope so) from the completed unit.
Old 1st May 2013, 10:28 AM   #503
diyAudio Member

after connect the balance => SE converter to the NTD1, power on the unit and hope for beautiful music but disappointed again. One channel has no sound and the other channel with serious distortion.
Connect the legato back to BIII to identify the problem source. It's BIII problem.
Can anyone advise what shall I do to idendify the fault? Will something wrong on the I2S signal cause the above symptom?
Old 1st May 2013, 10:33 AM   #504
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
after connect the balance => SE converter to the NTD1, power on the unit and hope for beautiful music but disappointed again. One channel has no sound and the other channel with serious distortion.
Connect the legato back to BIII to identify the problem source. It's BIII problem.
Can anyone advise what shall I do to idendify the fault? Will something wrong on the I2S signal cause the above symptom?
I cant help but I definitely feel your pain, I have some problem with my project I just cant seem to overcome, good luck.
Old 1st May 2013, 11:37 AM   #505
diyAudio Member

bypass everything, just WaveIO > BIII > Legato = music.

BIII still alive. Put the BIII onto NTD1, great sound More dynamic and details than Legato.

Check the wiring from FIFO to BIII, found the problem......

Another stupid problem, SD / WS swapped.

Now everything is working fine. Will connect the balance => SE converter again.

Thanks DQ828. Wish you can solve your problem.

Last edited by bigpandahk; 1st May 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old 5th May 2013, 02:57 PM   #506
diyAudio Member

Mounted all devices except those on the front and back panels. The unit is working fine with great sound.

Still not connect any USB input device yet. Have completed the Acko isolator board and connected with Amanero.

Want to connect the waveIO to Ian's SPDIF TTL input, have to built a TTL level converter for it.

As I know very little on software, I still trying to understand Ian's protocol and write the code for Arduino to read the sampling frequency, with those exiting bugs in the code, don't know when will "complete" the project.

In the mean time, will prepare the drawing for Front Panel Express to cut the panels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0839.jpg (634.3 KB, 498 views)
Old 13th May 2013, 07:36 PM   #507
Rolle is offline Rolle  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Impressive build Bigpandahk just finished reading your thread - lot of good information!! May I ask what kind of balanced to SE converter you are using?

Best regards
Rolle
Old 13th May 2013, 11:49 PM   #508
diyAudio Member

hi Rolle

My balance > SE converter is purchased from here : Products | Joe audio

very tiny PCB.
Old 14th May 2013, 09:47 AM   #509
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
Mounted all devices except those on the front and back panels. The unit is working fine with great sound.

Still not connect any USB input device yet. Have completed the Acko isolator board and connected with Amanero.

Want to connect the waveIO to Ian's SPDIF TTL input, have to built a TTL level converter for it.

As I know very little on software, I still trying to understand Ian's protocol and write the code for Arduino to read the sampling frequency, with those exiting bugs in the code, don't know when will "complete" the project.

In the mean time, will prepare the drawing for Front Panel Express to cut the panels.
Looking good, I did manage to solve my problems fortunately, keep up the good work.
Old 14th May 2013, 04:25 PM   #510
diyAudio Member

Today finished one more device, the ACKO-S02 isolator/reclock board. But I discovered another silly mistake. I use two OTTO to switch the Amanero through Ian's FIFO or directly to BIII. This arrangement will short the ground of FIFO with BIII and eliminate the function of Ian's isolator.
I am thinking to place the ACKO-S02 between the OTTO and BIII instead of directly with Amanero.

Hide this!Advertise here!