Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV - Page 47 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th February 2013, 06:13 AM   #461
diyAudio Member

My DAC is complete. Thanks you advise me .

I have good result with Empirical Off-Ramp 3 but not good with Amanero . I will try test Amanero with external power and I2S isolator, but I think it will not change as much as I expected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0452.JPG (144.1 KB, 436 views)
Old 4th February 2013, 06:40 AM   #462
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

both connected to fifo? off-ramp (spdif?) will be transformer isolated. I notice you havent got the isolator on fifo, yes Amanero does directly couple noise from the PC; without any isolation it can be a little noisy.
Old 4th February 2013, 06:41 AM   #463
diyAudio Member

lol, his DAC is 'completed' did you read that boys? if you do not cancel your account here at the forum, I doubt very much that will be the case
Old 4th February 2013, 07:34 AM   #464
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp;
lol, his DAC is 'completed' did you read that boys? if you do not cancel your account here at the forum, I doubt very much that will be the case
Sorry for poor English .

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
both connected to fifo? off-ramp (spdif?) will be transformer isolated. I notice you havent got the isolator on fifo, yes Amanero does directly couple noise from the PC; without any isolation it can be a little noisy.
Yes, both connected to FIFO. Empirical Off-Ramp 3 connected to FIFO via Coaxial and Amanero via I2S backdoor.
Old 4th February 2013, 09:14 AM   #465
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvduybom View Post
Sorry for poor English .

Yes, both connected to FIFO. Empirical Off-Ramp 3 connected to FIFO via Coaxial and Amanero via I2S backdoor.
Compared to my Vietnamese your English is bloody good
Old 4th February 2013, 11:46 AM   #466
diyAudio Member

haha sorry, no its me and my bad sense of humor, your English is perfectly fine, it was me who was not clear, my post was not meant to ridicule you in any way.

I mean only that you have started a road that usually does not end so swiftly. if you finish your DAC now, that would be a miracle and would make you a stronger man that I am (not so difficult).

its perfectly fine as it is and better than the majority of pretty high priced commercial DACs, you could put it in a case and it would be a very nice DAC. but most people who get to the point you are at now, are already beyond the point of no return. normally they are already thinking of something else that they 'need' to add.

if you did stop now, I would be very impressed with your resolve.

Run while you still can!
Old 4th February 2013, 12:13 PM   #467
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post

but most people who get to the point you are at now, are already beyond the point of no return. normally they are already thinking of something else that they 'need' to add.
That's exactly my situation right now. I "completed" the DAC almost six months ago but I still get tons of upgrade going on.I570, NTD1, Amanero isolator....., casing will be final step to finish the DAC
Old 4th February 2013, 12:46 PM   #468
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Yea, it's been my experience that I can't seem to leave my DAC(s) alone. I've settled on my 'go to' amps and headphones (bridged SE wires, Mjolnir, HE-5's modded). There always seems to be one more thing to try, and there's still more sonically to gain.

All - If you're not running some sort of isolation, you need to be. Ian's FIFO with good clocks and the Isolator are stellar. I'm waiting for the si570 clock boards, plus working up a battery system, then I'm not sure where to go from there :-)

I've been driving my DAC with an S11, and this weekend I thought I'd configures one of my TPS7A4700's for 5v and place it in series. I need to listen for a bit longer, but there's more subjective detail/blackness. At this level it's hard to say, but it certainly didn't do any harm :-)
Old 4th February 2013, 02:44 PM   #469
diyAudio Member

@DQ828 :
Thank you for your sympathy.

@qusp :
No problem ,a sad moment but I think you misunderstood. I'm not an electronics engineer, but I love music and enter into the DIY movement .I did some audio projects for myself, but this is the first time I DIY DAC, so very thanks if get your share.

I had good results with Buffalo IIISE + Ian Async FIFO and continue with module usb input . I am waiting the component from digikey for clock isolator, i2s isolator . I like Ian's project .

Last edited by nvduybom; 4th February 2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 24th February 2013, 05:43 AM   #470
diyAudio Member

A big step ahead to the "completion of my DAC" project. Received the PCB, caps, Zfoil and FETs from qusp. Thanks for all the great contribution from Owen, Jeremy and Buzzforb for this GB.

With the components that I bought six months ago, I can start building the NTD1 now. With Ian's I570 on its way here and Acko's isolator/reclocker to be delivered within this month. Hoping to have everything connected and test in March.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (653.2 KB, 331 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!