Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV - Page 34 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd December 2012, 02:50 PM   #331
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
I know that....

its easy enough, easier than what you are trying to do, which would seem to require you to change to an entirely different interface to play DSD. you only need to use OE pin on amanero to switch left and right for DSD (if that is still an issue, not everyone has this problem) PCM and DSD share the same pins. use OE to trigger different DSD filter on ESS if need be as well.

I think its an easier way forward than having 2 interfaces.
Using one USB input device is much better than two, at least no cable switch

I may use one OTTO to switch the output of Armanero to FIFO or direct to BIII another OTTO at the BIII input to select FIFO or Armanero (through OTTO 1).
Old 4th December 2012, 08:09 AM   #332
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

I apologise in advance if I've missed this in the thread somewhere.

How are you planning on powering the Amanero, from the USB input?
Old 4th December 2012, 08:16 AM   #333
diyAudio Member

You haven't missed this, I haven't decided yet. My present thinking is to remove the L1 on Amanero and power the on-board regulator by SSLV or Ti TPS7A4700 with an I2S isolator for the output.
Old 5th December 2012, 08:33 AM   #334
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
with an I2S isolator for the output.
"with an I2S isolator for the output" At the output of the what? the Amenero? , sorry I am learning?

What will the I2S isolator do for you?
Old 5th December 2012, 10:17 AM   #335
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

DQ828, you were asking about pics, I dont have that many, but I posted some over at SNA in crazyfrog's 'my new DAC' thread

the isolator cuts the ground connection. pollution on ground has a noticeably negative effect on dac performance, with ESS particularly, using a USB->i2s convertor you create a direct link to your PC ground and thus link signal ground wit your PC ground, not good, it causes more than just jitter.

the isolator galvanically isolates the i2s output, cutting the ground connection. it adds some jitter in this process, but the best ones not so bad and its probably the lesser of 2 evils. when using the i2s fifo this has no effect since its before the reclocking stage, so only the DSD output of amanero will be affected in BPHK's DAC

Last edited by qusp; 5th December 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old 5th December 2012, 04:19 PM   #336
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Quote:
DQ828, you were asking about pics, I dont have that many, but I posted some over at SNA in crazyfrog's 'my new DAC' thread

the isolator cuts the ground connection. pollution on ground has a noticeably negative effect on dac performance, with ESS particularly, using a USB->i2s convertor you create a direct link to your PC ground and thus link signal ground wit your PC ground, not good, it causes more than just jitter.

the isolator galvanically isolates the i2s output, cutting the ground connection. it adds some jitter in this process, but the best ones not so bad and its probably the lesser of 2 evils. when using the i2s fifo this has no effect since its before the reclocking stage, so only the DSD output of amanero will be affected in BPHK's DAC
Could you please post link for the pictures? I do not know what is SNA.
Old 5th December 2012, 09:59 PM   #337
diyAudio Member

you will have seen them before AR2 probably, its just a few old pics because I was asked. its a smallish Australian forum StereoNET Australia. heres the thread

just various testing photos, nothing final, I dont have a case that fits it all and in those pics i'm still testing out various interfaces and IV stages.
Old 6th December 2012, 05:58 AM   #338
diyAudio Member

Quote:
you will have seen them before AR2 probably, its just a few old pics because I was asked. its a smallish Australian forum StereoNET Australia. heres the thread

just various testing photos, nothing final, I dont have a case that fits it all and in those pics i'm still testing out various interfaces and IV stages.
There's a lot of action in that case
Old 6th December 2012, 06:00 AM   #339
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
You haven't missed this, I haven't decided yet. My present thinking is to remove the L1 on Amanero and power the on-board regulator by SSLV or Ti TPS7A4700 with an I2S isolator for the output.
What isolator are you using?

More things to fit in the case
Old 6th December 2012, 06:04 AM   #340
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ828 View Post
There's a lot of action in that case
its only about half there in any one of those, none have more than 2 channels final format will have 4 or 6 channels. I have 4 built up, thinking of adding one of Acko's es9016 boards for sub/bass

Hide this!Advertise here!