Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2012, 03:11 PM   #21
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

the 6v toroid is for powering the dac, nothing to do with the buffer, which was deleted from the design before it even began. I think you have misunderstood something.
Old 20th May 2012, 03:22 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

But the latest BOM still have the capacitor, regulator and other components for the 6V supply
Old 20th May 2012, 03:28 PM   #23
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

yes of course they do, but it has nothing to do with the B1 buffer that was in the original pass D1 and you couldnt power such a buffer with a single regulator anyway, if thats what you mean by B1? its a regulator to power the dac itself, so you could power some of the less important tridents for digital supplies with it, not the whole dac like you could with the buffalo II, but it will still be useful. personally I would probably have waited a little bit before ordering everything, there wont be major changes, but I would expect a couple

Last edited by qusp; 20th May 2012 at 03:31 PM.
Old 20th May 2012, 05:17 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenberg View Post
Would love those values too, always nice to have a good starting point .......
I did it like this; only DAC powersupply. 5.25V out. Works perfect.
(sounds good too!) BTW I used 7812 in stead of 7809 as in schematic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SalasLVtbvB3.JPG (71.4 KB, 970 views)
File Type: jpg SalasLVtbvB3pcb.JPG (150.1 KB, 942 views)

Last edited by pauldune; 20th May 2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:52 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldune View Post
I did it like this; only DAC powersupply. 5.25V out. Works perfect.
(sounds good too!) BTW I used 7812 in stead of 7809 as in schematic.
Thanks, may be it will cooler than SSLV2.
Old 21st May 2012, 10:51 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

The delivery of Digikey is lightning fast, I ordered the components on Saturday and received it yesterday. Hope the GB of NTD1 will start ASAP and still waiting for the BIII delivery.
Old 26th May 2012, 12:34 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

While have no idea when TPA will ship the BIII, I am preparing the SSLV for the BIII. I also find that I almost have all the components to build the SSLV for legato.

Ordered the Arduino MEGA from Digikey and an 3.2" color LCD with touch screen from iTeadstudio. The cost for building this DAC is far higher than expected. At this moment, I already spent more than $1500. Of course compare with other members, like qusp, just peanut!!
Old 26th May 2012, 07:15 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

3.2" LCD and touch screen? Which screen? Graphic LCDs aren't the simplest to interface to which is why most of us stick to character LCDs that allow you to work with ASCII character sets directly.

The MEGA has a lot more i/o than you'll likely need to control a BIII too. Maybe with a touchscreen you'd need that i/o but its overkill for this application imo.

Don't take the above as discouraging but since you mentioned earlier that you weren't that comfortable programming arduino you've just picked some pretty challenging devices to include in the project by the looks.
Old 27th May 2012, 12:57 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
3.2" LCD and touch screen? Which screen? Graphic LCDs aren't the simplest to interface to which is why most of us stick to character LCDs that allow you to work with ASCII character sets directly.

The MEGA has a lot more i/o than you'll likely need to control a BIII too. Maybe with a touchscreen you'd need that i/o but its overkill for this application imo.

Don't take the above as discouraging but since you mentioned earlier that you weren't that comfortable programming arduino you've just picked some pretty challenging devices to include in the project by the looks.
I just followed a thread in TPA forum to buy these two components. I didn't know the different between programming a Graphic LCD and a character LCD. Although I've purchased them, but your advice saved me lot of time. The graphic LCD only cost $45, so I can keep it for future project (if any), I still need a cheap character LCD for programming and testing before the GB for the VFD. Do you have any recommendation?
Old 27th May 2012, 02:35 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
I just followed a thread in TPA forum to buy these two components.
It is not TPA forum, it's HIFIDUINO : iTeadStudio TFT Display for ARDUINO H i F i D U I N O

Hide this!Advertise here!