Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV - Page 22 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th October 2012, 01:50 PM   #211
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ828 View Post
I have been slowly working on being able to turn the screen off & dim the backlight but have not got there yet, too many things keep getting in the way. I put a relay in on the power line to the screen so it would turn off when I hit the power off button for the system (Mega stays on) but something weird happened, it didn't turn off I lost interest at that stage but will get back to it.

I am going to hack into the backlight power line & run it from one of the PWM pins with a resistor in series, hopefully I wont kill it, maybe on the weekend.
I already tried that and didn't success. The GLCD shield shorted the VCC, LED and other control pins together, even you disconnect the 5V power, the other logic pins still give 2.7V to the LED. So, the best I can do is to clear the screen and dim the LED when power "OFF".
Old 11th October 2012, 07:20 AM   #212
DQ828 is offline DQ828  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
I already tried that and didn't success. The GLCD shield shorted the VCC, LED and other control pins together, even you disconnect the 5V power, the other logic pins still give 2.7V to the LED. So, the best I can do is to clear the screen and dim the LED when power "OFF".
How did you dim the LED/Backlight?
Old 11th October 2012, 07:25 AM   #213
diyAudio Member

Quote:
How did you dim the LED/Backlight?
Just cut the 5V to the GLCD shield, the LED will be dimmed as it is powered by the 2.7V from digital pins.
Old 11th October 2012, 08:09 AM   #214
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Just cut the 5V to the GLCD shield, the LED will be dimmed as it is powered by the 2.7V from digital pins.
Are you saying if I removed the "LED" pin from the screen it would still get power, 2.7v?
Old 11th October 2012, 08:33 AM   #215
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Are you saying if I removed the "LED" pin from the screen it would still get power, 2.7v?
As the GLCD shield shorted the Vcc, RD and LED pins together, there is no "LED" pin on the shield. I remove the 5V pin from Arduino to screen and can still measure 2.7V at the 5V pin of screen which is from the SD pin. I haven't tried to remove both SD & 5V pin if the LED can be "OFF".
Old 11th October 2012, 09:30 AM   #216
diyAudio Member

Quote:
As the GLCD shield shorted the Vcc, RD and LED pins together, there is no "LED" pin on the shield. I remove the 5V pin from Arduino to screen and can still measure 2.7V at the 5V pin of screen which is from the SD pin. I haven't tried to remove both SD & 5V pin if the LED can be "OFF".
I was thinking of stopping the screen LED pin from plugging into the shield ( bend it, remove it, who knows) and then feeding the screen LED input directly to the screen from a PWM pin of the MEGA
Old 11th October 2012, 11:12 PM   #217
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I was thinking of stopping the screen LED pin from plugging into the shield ( bend it, remove it, who knows) and then feeding the screen LED input directly to the screen from a PWM pin of the MEGA
I may also try this
Old 12th October 2012, 08:34 AM   #218
diyAudio Member

basically all control functions by Arduino are working fine and I found and fixed a major bug on the input selection. With HiFiDunio's code, it will change other parameters while selecting the input source.
Will find a way to turn off the GLCD LED and upgrade the relay board for more control : mains power, GLCD LED, battery source for FIFO and Clock.
Old 12th October 2012, 09:07 AM   #219
Dimdim is offline Dimdim  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
With HiFiDunio's code, it will change other parameters while selecting the input source.
I believe that it is meant to work like that. That way you can configure different parameters for each input, which is a good thing.
Old 12th October 2012, 09:14 AM   #220
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimdim View Post
I believe that it is meant to work like that. That way you can configure different parameters for each input, which is a good thing.
I don't think so, there is no predefine parameters for each input, it just follow the input sequence to switch other parameters.

Hide this!Advertise here!