Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th May 2012, 01:14 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Hi qusp

Hope you understand that English is our second language and sometimes we misunderstand your meaning.
Old 17th May 2012, 01:26 PM   #12
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

I understand that perfectly well, but sorry there is no way that can be used as an excuse for this. I posted it long ago, then posted that I may be able to find a few but was not making a commitment and was certainly not offering to do it for the whole group due to the time involved, I went to great lengths to explain it and what a nightmare it was last time.

then another few people added their name with fets, I clarified again that I wasnt offering them to the group but with the possibility of a just a few.... again, then more people added their orders (some native english speakers) then hochopeper stepped in to mention I wasnt offering them, then straight after his post 2 people edited the list to add fets to their orders and another person added a new order with fets, I laughed about it with opc in the thread, agreed and confirmed that hochopeper was correct, another one or 2 made orders for PCB plus fets and just now another person added an order for PCB + fets.

I dont know what else I can possibly do and its not just this GB, the wire headamp and power amp threads were the same, english or not, it doesnt matter people still post asking for PCBs to this day

Last edited by qusp; 17th May 2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 17th May 2012, 01:33 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Haha, my English cause you misunderstand my meaning. I meant I didn't know OPC has confirmed the GB. I share your feeling on the fet. Sorry that I am one of the guy edit the list to add fet.
Old 17th May 2012, 01:51 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

FWIW, my trick to navigating any thread where PCBs are available or GBs are going on I generally click 'search this thread' at top of the page for the thread then advanced search and search for posts by the GB organiser by only populating the username field then clicking search so it finds every post by the GB organiser.

This method tends to avoid misinformation and confusion and gets the information I'm most interested in (what the GB organiser is saying is the single source of truth).
Old 17th May 2012, 01:56 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Thanks again, this really help.
Old 17th May 2012, 02:02 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
yes he has, quite clearly over a few posts; just yesterday and today he has confirmed hes putting the order in and he will send the USA + Canada to Pinocchio and the rest to me for us to distribute PCB ONLY.
If I read every post carefully, I can save $150 for the legato. May be sell it at Swap Meet!!
Old 17th May 2012, 02:03 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

All good, I find some of the GB threads tend to have everyone circling like a pack of sharks wanting to get their hands on whatever is possible and it can quickly get out of hand and good information buried deep in a thread. Which is why I think its almost impossible to follow without tricks like using the search!

For calculations on the salas regs have you tried the spreadsheet attached to this post? I have found it quite handy and makes heatsink considerations a bit simpler also!
Old 17th May 2012, 02:06 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
For calculations on the salas regs have you tried the spreadsheet attached to this post? I have found it quite handy and makes heatsink considerations a bit simpler also!
Yes, I am using the spreadsheet to calculate the resistors.

I won't build the 15V SSLV for the legato and will concentrate on sourcing components for the NTD1. THanks again for your advice and help.
Old 19th May 2012, 02:55 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Yesterday, ordered most of the components from Digikey. Now counting the transformers, two AN0540 + one AN0006 for the NTD1, I had the 12V 50VA for the BIII. May be another 6V for charging battery for FIFO.

Please tell me if I miss anything else. While waiting for the PCB + FET and BIII, will try to figure out the size of heat sinks. Won't consider the chassis unit everything get connected.
Old 20th May 2012, 12:34 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

While trying to get some idea on the heat dissipation of the NTD1, I search OPC's build thread and found that I don't need the AN0006 transformer because I am not using the B1. Fortunately, I haven't ordered it yet. It is really a hard job to go through hundreds pages of post with new development everyday and have to ensure won't miss any important issue:-(

Hide this!Advertise here!