Build Thread for TPA BIII + Ian Async I2S FIFO + OPC NTD1 + Salas SSLV - Page 14 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd September 2012, 02:59 PM   #131
diyAudio Member

While still sourcing the buffer IC LME49600, I spent an hour to put twelve U.FL socket onto the OTTO 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1455.jpg (702.5 KB, 427 views)
Old 2nd September 2012, 05:59 PM   #132
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

so you scraped off some soldermask yeah? cant quite see if you have, they really need at least one of the grounds soldered properly or they just rip off first time you unplug the cable
Old 2nd September 2012, 10:57 PM   #133
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
so you scraped off some soldermask yeah? cant quite see if you have, they really need at least one of the grounds soldered properly or they just rip off first time you unplug the cable
Yes Qusp, it took me most of the time to scraped off the soldermask at both sides of the sockets.
Old 6th September 2012, 02:49 AM   #134
diyAudio Member

The buffer IC arrived yesterday and I replaced them last night, problem still exists, everything were fine before I put the BIII onto the Legato, but the 5.25V to BIII dropped to 4.6V when with the Legato.

Before I burnt the BIII, I re-installed the three SSLV with individual heatsink into the case with comment heatsink. I didn't realize any problem when measure the output of individual power supply.

Spent almost two hours, finally found two problems (actually they are the same). Both the -15V and the +5.25V have one insulation pad didn't perform their job. The GND of -15V and the POS of +5.25V shorted to the heat sinks. When putting the BIII onto the Legato and have the common GND, the +5.25V will become +20V with reference to the GND on Legato, this may be the reason for the burnt BIII.

I don't know whether the new BIII is still alive or not although ALL LEDs function properly. Still no sound from the Legato I haven't installed the jumpers for PCM input and will install them tonight.
Old 6th September 2012, 03:08 AM   #135
diyAudio Member

Glad you found the problem finally. Hope everything is fine .

Ian
Old 6th September 2012, 03:15 AM   #136
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Glad you found the problem finally. Hope everything is fine .

Ian
Thanks Ian

Hope there will be music output from BIII after I add the jumpers. Will try to repair the burnt BIII again and your new i570 clock board with dual I2S output will be a perfect match for my Dual Mono config.
Old 6th September 2012, 05:45 AM   #137
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
The buffer IC arrived yesterday and I replaced them last night, problem still exists, everything were fine before I put the BIII onto the Legato, but the 5.25V to BIII dropped to 4.6V when with the Legato.

Before I burnt the BIII, I re-installed the three SSLV with individual heatsink into the case with comment heatsink. I didn't realize any problem when measure the output of individual power supply.

Spent almost two hours, finally found two problems (actually they are the same). Both the -15V and the +5.25V have one insulation pad didn't perform their job. The GND of -15V and the POS of +5.25V shorted to the heat sinks. When putting the BIII onto the Legato and have the common GND, the +5.25V will become +20V with reference to the GND on Legato, this may be the reason for the burnt BIII.

I don't know whether the new BIII is still alive or not although ALL LEDs function properly. Still no sound from the Legato I haven't installed the jumpers for PCM input and will install them tonight.
Also glad to hear you found the problem. It was really strange why an output stage would kill the chip, Hope the DAC survived the voltage stress.
Old 6th September 2012, 08:09 AM   #138
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ828 View Post
Sure happy to, the code is a work in progress, I have included it so you can see what libraries etc are needed.

Once you have downloaded the libraries #include <tinyFAT.h>
#include <UTFT_tinyFAT.h> I recommend that you should run one of the Demo's in the "example" folder in the UTFT_tinyFAT library.

You will need to get a standard SD card (not a mini or micro) format it to FAT16, How to Format a Fat16 SD Card | eHow.com.
Load the "pic.raw" files into the Root directory of the SD card, the "pic.raw" files are in the "Image-files" folder in the UTFT_tinyFAT library.

In the code you will need to change the "UTFTtf myGLCD(ITDB32S, 38, 39, 40, 41);" to
"UTFTtf myGLCD(ITDB32WD, 38, 39, 40, 41);

I think thats it!

If you want to display your own images, you will need to convert them to the ".RAW" format using Henning Karlsen converter & load them on the SD card. Dont put the files in a folder they need to stay in the Root directory.

You can see in my code how I got them to display, basically at startup the Lizard displays for a short time, the lizard aslo displays when I turn my system on, I m still working on the rest.

Oh, my courier font doesn't display properly still working on that.

With "myGLCD.loadBitmap(0, 48, 400, 144, "L_YGB.RAW");" the 0 & 48 = screen position, the 400 & 144 are the image size, as you can see I have been able to push the width of the image right up to 400 pixels.
I have no problem on converting the bitmap to RAW and loaded it into the SD, compiled without error but can't display the bitmap. don't know whether there is problem on converting the file. Can I have your RAW file for testing?

Last edited by bigpandahk; 6th September 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 6th September 2012, 03:31 PM   #139
diyAudio Member

I soldered the three jumpers for PCM input. Connect the Arduino to BIII via I2C. The response to the volume control and display of parameters are much slower than normal. Frequency display also higher than actual. No sound output from Legato. Can anyone advise what should I do to find the problem?
Old 6th September 2012, 04:31 PM   #140
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
I soldered the three jumpers for PCM input. Connect the Arduino to BIII via I2C. The response to the volume control and display of parameters are much slower than normal. Frequency display also higher than actual. No sound output from Legato. Can anyone advise what should I do to find the problem?
1- Remove Legato. Connect direct to amp or preamp
2- Reinstall original firmware chip (this will give you full volume, but can reduce the volume in the computer if you are using USB output - or else use a preamp)

Hide this!Advertise here!