Russian 1543 dac pcb on ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The PCB is different from ordinary PCB in follow:
- it is one-sided and has no metallized holes which blur the sound,
- It is not covered with varnish or painted. Paints and varnishes makes the sound unnatural and synthetic,
- there is no common bus, which occupies all available space and makes the sound muddy,
- all wires of printed circuit board are plated with gold 0.9999 (99.99%, 24K) which makes sound warm and natural.

Did anyone notice how thin the tracks are ? What about proper grounding ?

WHAT RUBBISH !!!

Last edited:
I was going to buy that but then I realised that I really wanted a genuine TDA1541, regardless of wether or not the 1543 matches the sound of the 1541, I just wanted to re-use my old 1541 chip.

Would be a nice little DAC to run off a dedicated 12v battery system though.

Last edited:
ok, I'll bite, just ordered one.

Getting sick and tired of the inbuilt dac in my Sony anyway and the ability to run this off battery amuses me.

Might see if I can't swap out the CS8412 for an 8414 tho... maybe stack a few TDA1543's atop of each other.... add some shielding....swap out those MUSE's for some Cerafines...

DIY Kit Classical DAC CS8412 CP TDA1543 with PCB Gold | eBay

Last edited:
Did anyone notice how thin the tracks are ? What about proper grounding ?

WHAT RUBBISH !!!

I rather like his design, its very KISS, and you can add further earthing by using PP wiring or just by laying down some copper tape and cutting it finely with an exacto knife...and if you don't like the change, rip off the copper tape and try again! Even cutting traces and soldering in additional components for coupling/decoupling, adding some resistance critically somewhere, or what have you...and the PCB board welcomes this with a broad spaced area in-between tracks to work with on the solder side and apsolutley no traces to get in the way on the component side!

Granted, using such silly thin traces isn't by the book, but it also prevents further capacitive/inductive coupling with other tracks that are nearby aswell.

He could have put the I2S bus traces on the pin1 side of the CS8412 though, quite easily aswell, by going up through the pins of the CS8412, but that would mean going to a 2-layer pcb I would imagine.

Last edited:
OK let me know when it arrives and we can compare notes
mine is sounding great - I changed the Siemens caps for Russian PIO, minor improvement, but a little better nevertheless. Using a 6V lead acid battery, straight into a 6V6 push pull power amp.

If you want i2s - you could try ebay item: 330709447675
I am tempted, too.....

OK let me know when it arrives and we can compare notes
mine is sounding great - I changed the Siemens caps for Russian PIO, minor improvement, but a little better nevertheless. Using a 6V lead acid battery, straight into a 6V6 push pull power amp.

If you want i2s - you could try ebay item: 330709447675
I am tempted, too.....

Ok no problems, lets do this scientifically, I am a bit limited in what I can use for an amplifier though, I would love to have a tube amp but cannot afford to build one at this time and building and buying one at this point would mean having to burn it in and set it up, so I'll stick with my Sony for now which I've been listening to for years.

We might also have to make a new thread.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.