Alpine H800 sound processor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a major problem with my recently installed Alpine H800 sound processor.

My setup:

1. Car: Civic FD 2006 model
2. Input source:
a. Stock integrated CD player
b. Kenwood's KOS-A300 radio upgrade system
3. Components in the front with no rear fills
4. Image Dynamic Subwoofer
5. Mosconi 4 Channel amp
6. Alpine RUX-C800 controller

Sound processor wiring setup:
Standard straight-forward installation of the wiring to power up the sound processor.

Here is the problem
1. The sound processor is warm by only having the ignition turned on(note at this point the processor Power On light is "off" and the music system is not turned on but its warming up already.

2. When the audio setup is all turned on, the music plays and from here on the sound processor temperature shoots up to 51.4 C in 4 mins and the music keeps playing as long as the processor is switched on but if I switch off the processor at this point and immediately switch it on there is no sound output at all. Everything is turned on the controller display everthing lights up but there is no sound at all.

Then i switch off the processor for 15 mins to let it cool down and then switch it on and everything works fine but yes the temperature rises once again.

PLEASE HELP! I have no clue why this is happening.

Last edited:
Hi

Dont worry about the temperature rise , there are two ways of looking at it

1) pull out the processor (let your system run direct for a few days)
A)- take it home get a small ups battery (chinese rs 300 very popularly used in bikes now a days) .
B) Connect an amp meter in series and check the no load current (power button off) , put it on check the current consumption
C) Compare these with your manual if you got one from ure car decorator - or download specs from the net
D) - most probably you will find the current consumption as per mentioned in the specs - if not take the unit back to car decorator - demo this to him and he will be bound to change the unit , make a scene on a sunday when he has a housefull of customers

2) - Check if you have guarantee on it , run it as it is in your car hard and however long (to destruction) change it in your guarantee period . If it does not blow up in 6 months it should not blow up later .

For an ampmeter if you do not have one - no need to spend too much , get hold of a cheap chinese small (yellow colour) digital multimeter check if it has a 2amp measuring capability before purchasing come for about 150 to 200 rs

i am only writing practical solutions can go into a lot of theory but at the end of the practical output will be nil

suranjan dasgupta

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.