convert Behringer 8024 to 9024

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been reading a lot about converting a Behringer 8024 to a 9024 and also adding the remote-control PC software via burning new eproms with the DSP software from Behringer. And some people have been upgrading caps and op-amps. Anybody on here attempted this? I had an older pre-cursor to the DSP-8024 and sold it, and now bought a used 8024 for well under a hundred dollars now that it's obsolete. Now I'd like to find the aes/ebu in/out card too. Anyone here ever give it a try?
Behringer DSP9024 / DSP8024 modification - Flashbios Developments
http://ultradyne0.tripod.com/
BEHRINGER: DSP8024
BEHRINGER: DSP9024
Forum - Main Forums : Recording Techniques

The 9024 is also obsolete. But it has interesting functions and features. expander / compressor / noise gate, changes ratio and amount of even/odd harmonics (I assume like an Aphex Aural Exciter), sub-harnonic enhancer (like the audio control phase coupled activator or the similar DBX semi-pro units) and some volume envelope-control schemes utilizing predictive look-ahead via a delay. I'm really surprised that the display is general and universal enough to do both 8024 and 9024 jobs.

Given the choice, though, I value it more as an 8024 than 9024.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.