Cambridge DAC 3 illusion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys, I'm a New member now ... I apologize for my English.;)
I find myself with a problem of DAC ..
Should I buy a short of a Cambridge DAC DAC 3, read on the net I found several models and revisions,
1 mounts 2 Philips TDA1305 DAC chip, the 'other is that with 4 2 Philips TDA1541A DAC
Well ... that is bad, because now I find myself with these?
Photos I hope you have Imageshack,
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

someone tells me what kind of chip I have on board Thanks

Sorry Blues, but I don't think anyone understands your question. I can appreciate your attempt, and expect it's not your first language, but you'll have to clarify. Also, the picture is too small to identify any of the chips..

Hi mrSlim I'm sorry for my English ... the question is

I have onboard chips are down for the default DAC 3 cambridge ...
Me not know, reading online journals audiophile.
There are different version 1 con 2 philips TDA 1305 another 4-TDA 1541A
tu, I can see either of these on my board

you understand now ;)

Hi,

Cambridge Audio is an old company that has changed hands many times from the days of it's AR60 amplifers in the late 70s to todays range like the Azur etc.

In the 80's it was run by and many of it's products designed by Stan Curtis. He designed the Cambridge Audio CD1, the CD2, CD3 and DAC 3. The CD2, CD3 and DAC 3 all used 4 x TDA1541 chips.

In the 1990's the company was sold to Richer Sounds or a consortium or something. Their original products from that era were cheaper and not as well built in comparison, but hired in some good designers like John Westlake. They made the CD4 CD5 DC6, D100 amps and the DAC Magic range. One of their DACs was called the DacMagic 3.

Anyway, you have a DacMagic from around 1996 or so with 2 x TDA1305.

You are just looking at the wrong chips!

Here is the full picture (from lapizator) and you can see more on his page: DACMAGIC Cambridge tubed DAC player TDA1305

IMG_0922.jpg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.