Is it a good idea to start a DAC wih AK4399

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
only thing that puts me off a bit is internal IV, i usually like I out, but this dac has had me intrigued for a little while as well. not easy to find stockists though, where would you buy it? i dont get any hits at digikey or mouser for any AKM

I thought so, that freaked me a bit as I thought I remembered it was just standard TTL, I guess he means the supply pins. i'm just looking at knocking up a design for a daughterboard for it to try. how are you going with your PCB?

I dont care for spdif, other than the inputs on the i2s/spdif fifo/master clock combo. so the build for mine will be pretty straight forward dac + supplies module, I have buffers I can use, so i'll be concentrating on the supplies/references

Last edited:
I thought so, that freaked me a bit as I thought I remembered it was just standard TTL, I guess he means the supply pins. i'm just looking at knocking up a design for a daughterboard for it to try. how are you going with your PCB?

I dont care for spdif, other than the inputs on the i2s/spdif fifo/master clock combo. so the build for mine will be pretty straight forward dac + supplies module, I have buffers I can use, so i'll be concentrating on the supplies/references

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I just received it

Serge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.