diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Line Level (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/)
-   -   Is it a good idea to start a DAC wih AK4399 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/208928-good-idea-start-dac-wih-ak4399.html)

Sergelisses 16th March 2012 02:01 PM

Is it a good idea to start a DAC wih AK4399

Hello

I need advices .

Is it a good idea to start a DAC with the AK4399 ?

It seems that the analog section is better than the AK4396 .
The Channels Left and right are independant .....RefL ,RefR ,VssL,VssR

:rolleyes: Stupid or ;) why not

thanks

Serge

qusp 17th March 2012 07:08 PM

only thing that puts me off a bit is internal IV, i usually like I out, but this dac has had me intrigued for a little while as well. not easy to find stockists though, where would you buy it? i dont get any hits at digikey or mouser for any AKM

Sergelisses 18th March 2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp (Post 2949966)
only thing that puts me off a bit is internal IV, i usually like I out, but this dac has had me intrigued for a little while as well. not easy to find stockists though, where would you buy it? i dont get any hits at digikey or mouser for any AKM

AKM AK4399 32-Bit 216kHz Premium DAC; 123dB 32Bit LQFP | eBay

It's not a cheap dac !!!

Serge

JZatopa 1st May 2012 06:36 PM

I am very curious to here this dac.

Sergelisses 1st May 2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJNUBZ (Post 3007935)
I am very curious to here this dac.

Me too :D:D

The project is progressing slowly :rolleyes:

I check different solutions for the +5v ana with the AK4396 .
I noticed significant differences between for example an LM317, an LT1763 or a SALAS Shunt Reg .

To be continued

Serge

TheGimp 1st May 2012 08:02 PM

Interesting that it is a 5V only part and not a 3.3Vcompatable.

qusp 1st May 2012 10:11 PM

for i2s too?

Sergelisses 1st May 2012 10:32 PM

Page 11 of thé datasheet

VIH min=2,4v

My projet is with a DIR9001 !!!!!!
Serge

qusp 1st May 2012 10:46 PM

I thought so, that freaked me a bit as I thought I remembered it was just standard TTL, I guess he means the supply pins. i'm just looking at knocking up a design for a daughterboard for it to try. how are you going with your PCB?

I dont care for spdif, other than the inputs on the i2s/spdif fifo/master clock combo. so the build for mine will be pretty straight forward dac + supplies module, I have buffers I can use, so i'll be concentrating on the supplies/references

Sergelisses 2nd May 2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp (Post 3008205)
I thought so, that freaked me a bit as I thought I remembered it was just standard TTL, I guess he means the supply pins. i'm just looking at knocking up a design for a daughterboard for it to try. how are you going with your PCB?

I dont care for spdif, other than the inputs on the i2s/spdif fifo/master clock combo. so the build for mine will be pretty straight forward dac + supplies module, I have buffers I can use, so i'll be concentrating on the supplies/references

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I just received it

Serge