ULTRADRIVE PRO DCX2496 questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I read a lots of good things about this digital crossover, but I still have a few questions:
If digital input to this unit is used, which adapter is needed in order to convert regular coaxial or optical (for optical I am assuming none) output connector from CD player? Would that be just shortening balanced to unbalanced in XLR plug and having RCA at the other end of the cable?
How the attenuation is best done? I read several post on this subject, but I am still not clear on that.
As mentioned, it is best to keep digital signal at the maximum in order to preserve the wider dynamic range. OK, I am planning to run this as three way stereo to three sets of monobloc tube amps. If I have separate attenuators for each amp that will completely change the ratio between High/Mid/Low, and on the top of that not very convenient. Would it be better to do that in front of the crossover, through some digital attenuator (which I think is very bad). If not than only analog input is used, but again if attenuation is used there, that doesn't allow for maximum signal at the input which will badly impact the sound as expressed in some other posts. In my current set up CD/SACD/DVD audio digital out to tube CAL DA converter to passive preamp to Active crossover (Marchant Electronics) to 3 different stereo and monobloc tube amps, obviously attenuation is done before active crossover on each stereo channel.
How and where to do it than in this new set up with digital crossover?
There is also Ultra Curve Pro DEQ 2496. What if that is used in front of DCX 2496 which will open possibility of optical input, use maybe some or none features (room corrections...) and attenuate sound there, than send digital out to DEQ 2496? They are both very inexpensive, so if this doesn't work it could be used for experimentations.
What I am trying to achieve is to move op amps in my analog active crossover out of signal way, hoping that any processing done in digital domain will leave the sound in better shape. Analog active Vs Digital active crossover. Based on what you guys are posting it seems that is the case.
I would appreciate your comments very much.
AR2
:bigeyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.