Analog output stage for Bufallo III dac - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2012, 02:29 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Analog output stage for Bufallo III dac

Hello everyone !

This is my first thread here! I hope your guidance and knowledge to help me find the following :

Two months ago I have assembled a Bufallo III DAC with all the components bought from Twisted Pear Audio, including the IVY- III analogue output stage. The final result is very good compared with similar philosophy dacs. I wonder though that the dac is limited by its analogue stage. I believe it is too small in order to take advantage the full potential of the digital stage.

Therefore i am in search of a new analogue output stage for my dac. Do you know any pcb board out there OR do you have any schematic that can substitute the IVY-III ? I do not want to use tubes, since the dac is already somewhat "soft".

I hope I made myself clear as to what I am searching for....

Thak you!!!
Old 5th March 2012, 04:46 PM   #2
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I hope I made myself clear as to what I am searching for....
you did, however you also made it very clear what it is you HAVENT searched for

bare in mind while its nice to have a design to go with your exact setup, any IV stage is worth a look, there are MANY such designs published here, i dont know where to start. the 2 i'm using with my sabre dacs (NTD1 and SEN) are not available as the group buys have come and gone

Last edited by qusp; 5th March 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 6th March 2012, 06:58 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
you did, however you also made it very clear what it is you HAVENT searched for

bare in mind while its nice to have a design to go with your exact setup, any IV stage is worth a look, there are MANY such designs published here, i dont know where to start. the 2 i'm using with my sabre dacs (NTD1 and SEN) are not available as the group buys have come and gone
Can you send me the links to the threads you for the analogue outputs you mentioned (NTD1 and SEN) ? I used the search button but it ended up with numerous threads. Thanks!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!