Analog output stage for Bufallo III dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone !

This is my first thread here! I hope your guidance and knowledge to help me find the following :

Two months ago I have assembled a Bufallo III DAC with all the components bought from Twisted Pear Audio, including the IVY- III analogue output stage. The final result is very good compared with similar philosophy dacs. I wonder though that the dac is limited by its analogue stage. I believe it is too small in order to take advantage the full potential of the digital stage.

Therefore i am in search of a new analogue output stage for my dac. Do you know any pcb board out there OR do you have any schematic that can substitute the IVY-III ? I do not want to use tubes, since the dac is already somewhat "soft".

I hope I made myself clear as to what I am searching for....

Thak you!!!

I hope I made myself clear as to what I am searching for....
you did, however you also made it very clear what it is you HAVENT searched for

bare in mind while its nice to have a design to go with your exact setup, any IV stage is worth a look, there are MANY such designs published here, i dont know where to start. the 2 i'm using with my sabre dacs (NTD1 and SEN) are not available as the group buys have come and gone

Last edited:
you did, however you also made it very clear what it is you HAVENT searched for

bare in mind while its nice to have a design to go with your exact setup, any IV stage is worth a look, there are MANY such designs published here, i dont know where to start. the 2 i'm using with my sabre dacs (NTD1 and SEN) are not available as the group buys have come and gone

Can you send me the links to the threads you for the analogue outputs you mentioned (NTD1 and SEN) ? I used the search button but it ended up with numerous threads. Thanks!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.