Digital Crossover Vs Existing DACs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a sneaking suspicion that it would be limited to two discreet inputs, even though it has multiple input options it only allows two actual source signals. Not to worry that was only a backup plan at best. So I can just do a three way each side with the option to do a super sub both sides.

Thanks for the clarification; I didn’t think the crossover would care much once the amp had control of things.

Still undecided on speaker as my initial project plans have been changed dramatically with the purchase of the DCN28. I was originally looking at going with a 3 way ScanSpeak arrangement but with such a substantial purchase, and the consequent amps purchases yet to come, I have been thinking I need to buy drivers to reflect the electronics behind it.

Since I have gone from building 5 speakers to just two four way speakers, I am reassessing my driver choice. So I am leaning towards RAAL, Accuton, AudioTechnology drivers, but really need some guidance in this area.

As for the DCN28 that was a bit of a leap of faith based on recommendations, but knowing you have one coming makes me happier in my choice. Robert has been really great to deal with so far, and I look forward to it turning up. Perhaps once you work out how to use it you can let me know ;)

I'd be glad to help once I learn my way around it. Correctly measuring the individual driver response is probably the most critical step. Yes, Robert is very helpful and it's one of the reasons I went for his product. I also like buying from someone who designs and builds their own products.

Funny you should mention those drivers, as I have chosen raal and accuton also.

That would be really good if you could. Hopefully my dongle will turn up in the next few days and I will get my first look at the software... Kind of figured I might as well wait until I can learn on the full version, rather than installing the free version and taking it back off again in a few days.

Did you have any particular drivers in mind? I 'm still trying to get my head around what I need. Probably best if I start a new build thread since the project has completely changed from the initial concept.

Any chance you will uploading pictures or drawing of your project from down there? :D

I my self, has also bought a DCN28, and am currently building a 4 way system, with Morel supreme tweeter, accuton midrange, 18W SS mid-bas, and 12" peerless XXLS sub-bas.
But it takes time. design, glue, wood, sandpaper and all that stuff :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.