Perpetual Technology P-3a Modwright Signature II Help needed - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2012, 08:20 AM   #1
bencat is offline bencat  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Perpetual Technology P-3a Modwright Signature II Help needed

Hello All

Please could anyone offer some help. I have just bought a second hand P-3a Modwright Signature II Dac which has a problem . The current owner says that when using the SPDIF input the digital signal will not lock. The current owner does not have a source with either AES/EBU or I2S so does not know if this is the same for these inputs as well.

Can anyone suggest a likely source of this problem . Simplest would be that there is a fault on the RCA SPDIF connector but worse case it could something on the curcuit itself. My own idea is that it would most likely be a problem with the Cirrus Logic digital input chip which would need to be replaced but if anyone has any experience of these units and has come across this problem before then please let me know.

Would also appreciate if anyone has a full schematic for this unit as this will help me to get replacement parts etc. Please also bear in mind that I am in the UK not the US so do not have access to some of the parts companies you would normally use.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bencat
Old 9th February 2012, 11:49 PM   #2
hxt1 is offline hxt1  Canada
diyAudio Member

Email Dan Wright, he has been super helpful with my project. (I bought a used modwright platinum truth 999es, the transport died and Dan has been helping me utilize the tubestage and PS for another project)
Cheers
Old 10th February 2012, 08:26 AM   #3
bencat is offline bencat  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

HXT

Thanks for the reply do you have an e-mail address for Dan . I visited their site and used the contact form but so far have had no answer . Did you contact him this way or do you have a direct e-mail ?

Hide this!Advertise here!