Perpetual Technology P-3a Modwright Signature II Help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All

Please could anyone offer some help. I have just bought a second hand P-3a Modwright Signature II Dac which has a problem . The current owner says that when using the SPDIF input the digital signal will not lock. The current owner does not have a source with either AES/EBU or I2S so does not know if this is the same for these inputs as well.

Can anyone suggest a likely source of this problem . Simplest would be that there is a fault on the RCA SPDIF connector but worse case it could something on the curcuit itself. My own idea is that it would most likely be a problem with the Cirrus Logic digital input chip which would need to be replaced but if anyone has any experience of these units and has come across this problem before then please let me know.

Would also appreciate if anyone has a full schematic for this unit as this will help me to get replacement parts etc. Please also bear in mind that I am in the UK not the US so do not have access to some of the parts companies you would normally use.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bencat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.