Help!! Tube output DIY gigawork lampucera??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been futzing around with this project waaaay too long, and getting nowhere!! I've been in 'analog' world too long, I know digi has come a long way!
My old modwright platinum truth 999es died (transport)
And I decided to pull the tube output section, and that awesome tube regulated ps 9.0, and put together a project.
MacBook pro + squeezebox 3, and well, long story short.... That didn't work!
I screwed something up along the way I guess.
Wrecked the stock RCA outs, so that's out of the question. My gigawork 'new' 2011 lampucera dac arrived yesterday, and luckily the spdif coax out works!!
Buuut, I'm still dying to use that beautiful modwright tube stage and PS!
Question is: where do I tap the board on the gigawork to go into my modwright stage?
I'm looking at this as a 'lampizator' - modwright squeezebox.
Stock, it sounds good, but lacks depth, texture, impact, and slam compared to my vinyl and tape. I know it can sound lots better!
Please help me get my act together guys, I gave up on digital 3 years ago...
I'm sick of threading tape, and cleaning records!
Sigh...
Cheers

I should have been more specific Jeff, my bad.
I'm familiar with the parameters of the tube stage and it's PS
It's got a 4 pin xlr type umbilical.
Pin 1 is ground, 2 is 12.6vdc, 3 and 4 are 220vdc.
Of course, I never go grabbing live wires, poking around with screwdrivers etc...
What I'm thinking the problem was With the sb3 was my butterfingers lifting traces and messing with smd components!
I'm really just hoping someone can point me in the right direction regarding the new gigawork dac? I'm hoping someone knows where to tap the l & r analog outs from the chip, I'm hoping there are pads on the board, as soldering the legs on the chip itself is a bit much for me...
The modwright tubestage is very straightforward, and pretty well bulletproof, it just seems every reference to the 'lampucera' mods is the early model.
Mines the 'small' dac.
Cheers

Ok, on my own here, I suppose.
I've gone ahead and pulled the opamps, there are pins on the underside labeled left -, left +
Right -, right +.
I'm guessing that's where I can tap the output from the chip itself,
To the tubestage, steal the 12.6vdc from the modwright tube rectified PS for the gigawork, and since Dan's tube stage is made to work with a V out dac, I think(?) a couple of resistors inline should make workie.
Driving blind.
I'll post pics or a eulogy.

Nono, you don't connect the amp to the + and - from the OpAmp.
Put here a clear picture of the board, or at least read what DAC chip it has.

I don't connect the amp to the + and - from the opamp???
Ok.
The board I'm referring to is the one this thread references....
There's some pics on page 17, and so on.
I just signed up yesterday, hoping that someone could point me in the right direction.
I'm hoping someone will have some instructions outlining what to do, as opposed to what not to do, if that makes sense?
So you don't know which dac I'm talking about or what the board looks like, yet you're confident I'm doing it all wrong?
?
?

"

Ignore my last post (red face) I thought I was on a completely different thread!
My apologies. I found a thread referring to this Dac where members have gone before Me with the same questions, same dac etc
So far I'm following the instructions from that thread , pin 2 , and pin 6 from the opamp sockets are where I draw for the tube stage input?
I'm going to give it a try.. But I have NO idea what pin 1,2,3, etc is on opamps.
It's all Greek to me!
I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.
Thanks.

Top view:

8-DIP.gif

Ok! Thank you...
Now I just have to source another ecc99 (or equivalent) as my mother in law BROKE one of them....
(curses)!!! Now I can't even do anything until I get that other tube!
In the meantime I used a tantalum in place of the busted smd cap, one leg straight to the 1st pin on the opamp.... And even stock the lil dac sounds pretty ,pretty good!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.