Static output from aging Arcam BB50 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've had a Delta 170 transport hooked up to BB50 DAC for years but lately the DAC is putting out white noise/static - doesn't matter whether it's optical or coax input, sometimes it will run for a few minutes before the static hits, sometimes it's straight away. I'm sure the 170 is fine as I used another source to the DAC and the symptoms persist.

Looking around for past threads there is some suspicion this might be the receiver - is that the DS9637A or the Yamaha YM3623B ? It's a $10 or $30 chip would be a cheap enough swap out but if anybody has a way of confirming this, I'd be glad to hear it. I'd hate to ditch the transport and the DAC for an all-in-one and I'm turned up blank with trying to find local audio shops (and some non-local Arcam shops) who can/will look at it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.