Behringer DEQ2496 Button LED ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I turned on my DEQ2496 today and noticed the 9 buttons on the right side for DEQ, PEQ, etc. do not illuminate when they are pushed. The display shows the function changes, but the buttons no longer show what mode is selected. I scrolled through the utility menu, but nothing for button illumination. They do flash at turn on.

This unit is less than 6 months old has less than 10 hours of use!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dave

Now it's worse. Unit will not store or adjust memory settings and if you re-power the unit, it always boots to the MIDI page 2 screen. I submitted my online warranty submission to Behringer.

Unit was purchased in September.

I know why I see so much discussion about these units having issues...

Dave

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
These things are built down to a price, so the odd failure is to be expected, luckily yours happened within the warranty period. If you compare the cost to a real pro unit, something like the XTA226 that costs £2500, you can see that some shortcuts must have been made. :)

Just wanted to give a quick update...

I received my warranty replacement unit from Behringer. They exchanged the unit timely and without any issues (FYI, you need to show proof of purchase to validate this unit was purchased through an approved retailer).

My original issue was the LEDs for the function buttons were not illuminating. Too funny, on the replacement unit, all the LEDs on the buttons work as specified in the manual EXCEPT Utility, I/O and Bypass.:eek: Must be the firmware version (this is at 2.5).

Oh well, it's not a huge deal.

If anyone else has firmware 2.5 and can check their Utility, I/O and Bypass LEDs to see if they illuminate when the function is selected or parameters changed, I'd appreciate a response back.

Thanks.

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.