(WM8804 => SRC4192/AD1896/SRC4193) => Multiple DAC Platform

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everybody,

Here's my latest project that I originally posted on the Digital Source forum. I figured I'd move it over here where it belongs. Here's the link.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/201763-my-new-spdif-src-dac-design-platform.html

If there's enough interest I'm open for a group buy for both my SRC and WM8741 PCBs. I could even sell the boards assembled if requested. I also have a PCM1794 DAC PCB completed but not yet tested, and a AK4396 and AK4399 about 75% complete.

Of course with all the excitement over the ESS devices I've been also working on my own ES9018 DAC PCB and separate output section (OS). Both are about 95% complete. The ES9018's entire feature set will be available on the board. An MCU is also on-board with full access to all 18 I/O's on the edge of the board allowing for an LCD or LED display, buttons for configurations settings, and remote. Four output sections can be stacked to provide all eight channels with a total height of no more than 2.5 inches including the mounting standoffs. Both the DAC and OS PCBs are four layers and measure 2.6" squared. Stay tuned.

Best Regards,

Al

Last edited:
Quick question for those experienced in using the WM8741 in software mode. In hardware mode my WM8741 DAC output is nearly dead quiet just the slightest bit of hiss only heard with my ear up to the tweeter, but in software mode with the attenuator enabled I notice a slight bit more hiss. At first I thought the hiss came from the two I2C signals wiggling but after modifying the firmware so that the I2C signals are only wiggling when the volume is being adjusted the hiss is still there though a bit less.

Is this common to the WM8741 when the attenuator is enabled? Thanks!

Al

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.