DAC project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's the minus leg of the I/V converter that TI suggests. I don't see where the Iout- pin can find ground in this circuit, unless it's through one of the opamps.

Attachments

• pcm1794A full I_V converter.JPG
    pcm1794A full I_V converter.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 217
That is your personal truth but not necessarily a universal one.

The circuit physics are not my personal truth. They are simply, the truth. You continue to confuse, intentionally or not, your own personal preferences for the engineering physics involved. My objection with your plans has never had anything, whatsoever, to do with what are your own preferences or listening objectives. We all have those. No, my objection has to do with your disregard or dismissal of established circuit functioning. As I wrote earlier, you are entitled to your own listening preferences, but you are not entittled to you own circuit physics.

With that said, I think we've wasted enough time and effort on each other. I'm quite certain I have. Adieu.

Last edited:
no dramas, the confusion is probably all mine, sorry for that =)

Thanks for your interest. I've been trying to reconcile two apparently conflicting bits of information; one that said that current output DAC's prefer to see zero (or near zero) ohms to ground on their Iout pins and another that showed a transformer primary connected across the + and - Iout pins with no connection to ground. There are several commercial implementations of both but I think I've resolved it now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.