ES9023 DAC PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Me too. I suspect the LM723 power supply PCB will fit in the enclosure which will be at least visually somewhat more appealing.

Indeed, lookie lookie, same cheap enclosure L;) First listen impression is also very good.
Cled is below the pcb, soldered at the led's pins.

Attachments

• DSC07918.JPG
    DSC07918.JPG
    887.1 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:
Changed the dac chip and the regulator and now its working..
Listening from my computer Spdif out from my ASUS card and a discrete buffer after driving the HD650.
I think I want to listen some more before telling..
Will post some pics later.:)

Diyaudio:

Diyaudio.jpg

Buffer:

Buffer.jpg

ES9023 in box:

ES9023-in-box.jpg

Last edited:
Well,I connected it to my stationary computer from the Spdif on my Asus essence one soundcard,and it sounded okay...
Then I connected the DAC to my laptop wich has the Hiface USB to Spdif interface now it started to sound better infact it sounds fine,clear highs and deep bass.

I wonder why the Spdif on my stationary don´t sound so good?

buffers usually have a VOLTAGE gain of 1 or less, but increased current. the primary role of the buffer is usually to ease the loading on the previous stage by providing a very high input impedance, while having low output impedance and more often than not has current gain as well, just no voltage gain

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
thank you for reply

your trafo has higher VA than original recomended - much beter choise
how do you like your build

regards

Convince me with a listening test please. This is not an amp that can draw much current. Load is pretty constant in this case. You can use a 120 VA transformer but it won't make a difference.

It is in fashion for quite some years that transformers are largely overdimensioned and also that many people like to convert the too high voltage of the randomly chosen transformer to heat. However it is perfectly possible to use exactly the right transformer for the job. With amps overdimensioning the power transformer makes sense, with DACs I beg to differ.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Changed the dac chip and the regulator and now its working..
Listening from my computer Spdif out from my ASUS card and a discrete buffer after driving the HD650.
I think I want to listen some more before telling..
Will post some pics later.:)

Diyaudio:

Diyaudio.jpg

Buffer:

Buffer.jpg

ES9023 in box:

ES9023-in-box.jpg

Hi Åke,

Your DAC looks good, nice case ! I would not twist SPDIF wiring though. I have some questions:

- what is the voltage at the second filter cap ? Maybe you could have used :

https://www.elfa.se/elfa3~se_sv/elf...transformator_4.5_va_7.5_vac_(1x),_ei382_1187

- does this power transformer fit exactly (mechanically) ?

Just for my own curiosity...

I see you used an external fuse. No trust in the electrical safety of the power supply ? :)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.