Help modding Music Hall dac 25.3
Hi all, hope this is the right spot for my post. I recently purchased this dac, and being a compulsive tinkerer want to make it better. I purchased a 1960's nos French Mazda 7308 to replace the stock tube. Afterwards I intend to replace the stock op amps with the Burson units. These are simple plug in replacements. After this mod I have questions.
I will use photos from Burson Audio Blog: Burson Opamp upgrade to Music Hall DAC 25.2 as a reference for all interested in following and or helping.
1) How do I wire the Burson clock to the socket I remove the stock clock from?
2) The socket next to the fuses and directly to the left side of the board is changed. What is this and what is a good replacement?
3) I will purchase parts from Parts ConneXion - The authority on hi-fi DIY parts and components, and I know the 4 caps to the bottom left on the board are replaced with 4 Each - 0.01uF 600V AURICAP CAPACITOR. The yellow caps around the tube I will replaced with MUNDORF 3.3uf / 400V, M-CAP® MKP Series.
4) What should I replace the 6 caps around the op amp sockets with? I need to make sure I have room for the op amps.
5) What should I replace the the 16 resistors around the op amps with?
6) Should I replace the 8 resistors around the tube? If so what is recommended?
I am new to high end audio but love to tinker. I build my own pc's and run water cooled rigs that I overclock. I have soldering experience, can read basic schematics, and have a multi-tester. I will be using a Weller WES51 for all soldering. If anyone can help I would really appreciate the input!!! Please use the above link as a reference point for photos. If this post is in the wrong place would a moderator please put it where it belongs? Thanks a million to all!:xfingers:
I made a spreadsheet a while back for my 25.2 with the intentions of modifying it. Hope it helps
edit: the link at the bottom has a lot of useful information, including how to wire the clock IIRC
Hi there, does anyone have an electrical schedule of the MH 25.3.
I'm esspecially interested in the fact that de opamps are in the signalpath of the RCA output.
I bought it thinking it didn't have any opamps whatsoever. I expected to change some caps and was curious what that would do. If the opamps are in the signalpath I think I'll sell it again. Original this dac is not far as good as my audiomat tempo2 (slightly modded) dac. But this one can't figure out 24 bit music :mad:
|All times are GMT. The time now is 07:27 PM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2015 diyAudio