Open Source DSP XOs - Page 58 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th May 2014, 09:22 AM   #571
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peufeu View Post
steph, try googling : Frequency-Warped Signal Processing for Audio, Warped Filters, frequency warped FIR
VERY interesting. I'll try a few implementations using Flowstone. Do you know Flowstone?
Old 3rd June 2014, 07:02 AM   #572
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
I might be a bit late cottoning on here but Infineon now has a fairly comprehensive list up, with pricing of both its M0 and M4 offerings. The M0s (32MHz) start at 57 eurocents (1k) and the M4s, 2.7 euro. The 80MHz M4s come with some rather cool hires PWM generators (150pS nominal resolution) - they might be a great basis for a PWM DAC without need of noise shaping since at 44k1 that's equivalent to around 17bits. They all support what looks to be 4 channels of I2S.

32-bit Industrial Microcontroller based on ARM® Cortex?-M - Infineon Technologies
Old 16th July 2014, 03:51 AM   #573
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
Mouser has the latest ST marketing/dev boards in stock (Nucleo) and the one featuring the STM32F411 looks to me to be a slam-dunk for digital audio XOs with its 5 I2S ports (2 of which are full duplex). I haven't checked yet if all these interfaces are actually pinned-out on the 64pin package fitted to this board but I'm about to....

100MHz operating speed at 13.2mA CPU current - what's not to love?

NUCLEO-F411RE STMicroelectronics | Mouser
Old 31st July 2014, 08:50 AM   #574
diyAudio Member

Having just acquired the cheapest yet Cortex M0 (STM32F030) to play with I went in search of an IDE which supports this relatively new chip. Coocox doesn't yet list it but Keil does. It turned out their 32k limit full IDE (around 300Mb) is available for free download here : https://www.keil.com/demo/eval/arm.htm
Old 5th August 2014, 05:59 PM   #575
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxalito View Post
Having just acquired the cheapest yet Cortex M0 (STM32F030) to play with I went in search of an IDE which supports this relatively new chip. Coocox doesn't yet list it but Keil does. It turned out their 32k limit full IDE (around 300Mb) is available for free download here : https://www.keil.com/demo/eval/arm.htm
Strange that Keil doesn't support STM32F411 yet, though support F429 on the STM32F429I DISCOVERY board (one with the 2.4" touch screen LCD).
Old 3rd September 2014, 11:53 AM   #576
diyAudio Member

STM32F411 chips seem to be no-existing, you can get them only with NUCLEO kits. However, also the SMT32F427 (available in LQFP 100 in smallest format) would be another good choice with 2x I2S + SAI interfaces, and it is readily available at least on Farnell (2333369).

For DIY kit you could use the bare MCUCARD PCB from MIKROE - "EasyMx PRO™ v7 for STM32 Empty MCUcard HP 100pin TQFP" (that should support STM32F4 also), MikroElektronika - EasyMx PRO? v7 for STM32 ARM® - MCU Cards supports STM32 microcontrollers

Datasheet for the PCB: http://www.mikroe.com/downloads/get/...schematics.pdf

Last edited by mhelin; 3rd September 2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 3rd September 2014, 12:51 PM   #577
diyAudio Member

Looks someone is in the process of designing a Beagle Bone form factor board called "STBone" using the STM23F427:

Link: STBone

Hide this!Advertise here!