Zen -> Cen -> Sen, evolution of a minimalistic IV Converter

> As the sim showed even variations of 5% in hfe didn´t increase THD considerably.

Unless we have made some very stupid mistakes.......

We have tried all combinations bu changing each of Q1 to Q4 by 5%. Irrespective of what Q2 & Q3 does, every time when we change Q4 by 5% and keep Q1 unchanged, or vice versa, we get THD 0.019%. I also find it difficult to understand, but I have no time to figure it out right now.

Patrick

Hi,

for a higher precision of the THD analysis the command .plotwinsize=0 should be set.
This switches off the data compression feature of LTspice.
EUVLs sim missed on this command and I was able to verify his high THD-figures by removing this command from my simulation.
In #62 I included the LTspice file to verify or falsify the sims. As one can see, I used the same models and variations.
Funny thing... with the plowinsize command set and Q1 (or Q4 in EUVLs schematic) varyed, the THD-figures were the lowest of all transistor combinations (0.000314% -110dB). :confused::rolleyes::D:eek::scratch1::scratch1::)

jauu
Calvin

Last edited:
We have spiced a modified version of Joachim's circuit with complementary input FETs, Wilson current mirrors and fixed rails.
With 1mA input and 2.7k R_iv, THD is 0.039%.
The model used identical BJTs in both current mirrors (i.e. perfect match).

We'll test hardware when proto PCB is ready.

Patrick

Attachments

• cen-iv-cm-sim-20110908c.png.png
    cen-iv-cm-sim-20110908c.png.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,830
Last edited: