MiniDSP coupled with Cerwin Vega and NAD amps!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys

I've been contemplating about a setup I'm wondering if would work.

What I have:
Cerwin Vega 0.8kw stereo power amplifier
NAD C370 Integrated Stereo Receiver

What i'm building:
2 x Billfitzmaurice Omnitop12 with a deltalite 2512 and a 12piezo array in each
2 x Billfitsmaurice Titan39 subwoofers.

What I wanna do:
I've been wondering about using the miniDSP as both electronic crossover, volume control and EQ. The main music source will be a computer 99% of the time, so im guessing im gonna need a Rev A.
Would it work to connect the computer to the miniDSP, have it cross at something like 120hz and then send the highs to the NAD and let that handle the Omnitop12s and send the lows as mono to the CW and let that handle a subwoofer on each channel?

Yes. Your understanding of active crossovers sounds fine. Except why run the subs as mono if you have two subs? wouldn't it be better to run the subs in Left Right, rather than mono?

But I don't know about what "Rev A" is? I presume it is a USB Audio input version?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The boxed version of the miniDSP 2x4 is available as rev A (input sensitivity 0.9Vrms) and rev B (input sensitivity 2Vrms). However for the actual Version of the miniSDP this only refers to a factory preset. The input sensitivity is selected via jumper and can be changed after opening the case.

However if a little bit more DIY is possible I would go for a non boxed (miniDSP 2x4 kit) version and additionally use a miniDIGI to realize digital input. Why doing additional (lossy) DA (Soundcard) and AD (miniDSP) conversion? With the kit version it is also easier to realize volume control via potentiometer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.