I2S multichannel interface

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wonder if anyone is working with multichannel DACs, that is linking digitally a DVD or BD player to an external DAC.

My Bluray player is an LG-BD390, and I would like to get free from using a receiver to decode the signal and process the audio.

Compromises in mid-price receivers are quite large, particularly on the DACs they use and the active/passive parts they include. That's an area I would like to improve.

As I think most (???) DVD/BD players can decode AC3 or DTS signals to output them through their analog outputs, the digital stream is already decoded when it gets to the DAC.

The LG BD390 uses the AK4359 DAC to convert the signal to analog:

http://www.asahi-kasei.co.jp/akm/en/product/ak4359/ak4359_f03e.pdf

Problem is the analog stages after the DAC leave much to be desired, probably worst than on the receiver.

So I am open to suggestions on how to handle this problem.

Carlos

Last edited:
Depending your knowledge You have 2 option first is to develop your own codec or port open source ac3 or dts libs to your dac using empedded or pc, second is to modify your blu ray players' dac. If infamiliar with those i gues only opitition you have is to buy receiver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.