391.6 KB · Views: 283
  • NewCCHD957Adapter4.jpg
    NewCCHD957Adapter4.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Can you send my a video?

Ian

Thanks Ian, I figured it out today.. All the sampling rate LEDs flash at the same with under-voltage to the Dual XO. Extra current from OCXO was pulling down voltage below 4.1V for ADM7150 (wants 4.5V min.) for about 30 seconds, as voltage climbs above ~4.5V, clock board then as normal. Culprit was DCR of CM choke in the RCLC supply to the pre-regulator.

Fixed that and the thing would'nt synch.. turns out faulty cchd957 clock (must have fried it somehow), replaced with this Vanguard thing and it starts up and synchs fine, could have been worse.

Cheers,
Hanze

Attachments

• Image-3.jpg
    Image-3.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
Thanks Ian, I figured it out today.. All the sampling rate LEDs flash at the same with under-voltage to the Dual XO. Extra current from OCXO was pulling down voltage below 4.1V for ADM7150 which wants 4.5V minimum, culprit was a CM choke in the RCLC supply to the pre-regulator.

Fixed that and the thing would'nt synch.. turns out faulty cchd957 clock (must have fried it somehow), replaced with this vanguard thing and it starts up and synchs fine.

Cheers,
Hanze

Please be careful with the pluSar clock, it's very expensive:).

Just noticed that you have a first version of DualXo I. Some body was looking for it days ago.

I would suggest you try the DualXoII, which has external LDO socket. You can use higher current reg such as TPS7A4700 or ADM715X directly for your OCXO.

Regards,
Ian

Please be careful with the pluSar clock, it's very expensive:).

Just noticed that you have a first version of DualXo I. Some body was looking for it days ago.

I would suggest you try the DualXoII, which has external LDO socket. You can use higher current reg such as TPS7A4700 or ADM715X directly for your OCXO.

Regards,
Ian

Thanks Ian,

I've removed the onboard LDO's, and the DC connector back to solder pads, replaced with two L shaped pins, which come up through Pulsars ADM7150 reg PCB thru-hole positions for 3.3V and GND, a third 'blind' pin for DC input, the last two mate with an incoming connector on top.

Problem was not the reg, or the pre-reg but the DCR of a CM choke in the RCLC supply to the pre-reg which was delaying clock board start-up by 30 secs due to under-voltage, separate issue was intermittent lock, until no lock at all, courtesy of faulty (probably fried, it used to work.. ) clock.

This is inside the Crystek, which was on the organ donor list..

Cheers,
Hanze

Attachments

• cchd.jpg
    cchd.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 550
Last edited:
Thanks Ian,

I've removed the onboard LDO's, and the DC connector back to solder pads, replaced with two L shaped pins, which come up through Pulsars ADM7150 reg PCB thru-hole positions for 3.3V and GND, a third 'blind' pin for DC input, the last two mate with an incoming connector on top.

Problem was not the reg, or the pre-reg but the DCR of a CM choke in the RCLC supply to the pre-reg which was delaying clock PCB start-up by 30 secs, separate issue was intermittent lock issues, until eventually no lock at all, courtesy of faulty (fried probably, it used to work.. ) clock.

This is inside the Crystek, which was on the organ donor list..

Cheers,
Hanze

Good to see CCHD957 tear down :). The most significant part is the crystal. Maybe you could fix if it wasn't damaged.

Ian