Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

aha nope that was a mistake, can you send the second one back? I just grabbed the baggies I guess I forgot I hadnt taken mine out. what do you have there exactly? you mean 2 x 49 right? because I took my 45MHz one out and have that here in front of me, but dont have the 49.xx

AR2, you want a larger one than the ones Ian sent, because his break after a little while as they are too tight

Wow...Thank you guys. Just one small question and two pages of ideas. You guys are awesome. Here is what I found. First I was thinking about some rubber seals for plumbing, than I remembered this place that I use for screws and bolts when needed, They have everything. Official title to search for - O Rings:
McMaster-Carr
What would really help is if anyone has original Ian's rubber rings, to share aprox diameter. Ether ID or OD would work.

Home Depot is a good source (the plumbing aisle)

why would you want a 20ma LED in a low noise environment? I presume its blue or white too? these are the highest noise too. very doubtful it would run it, not many receiver/logic chips have power for 100mA in LEDs...

the noise isnt a huge deal, but it all adds up, just seems unnecessary. do you know how annoying blue LEDs that bright are?

Ian, I am finally getting to the case work. Regarding the LEDs to indicate "locked" and the source selected (TTL, Coax, Optical), can the board power 20mA LEDs, or should they be low current types (i.e., 2mA)?
Thanks,
George

why would you want a 20ma LED in a low noise environment? I presume its blue or white too? these are the highest noise too. very doubtful it would run it, not many receiver/logic chips have power for 100mA in LEDs...

the noise isnt a huge deal, but it all adds up, just seems unnecessary. do you know how annoying blue LEDs that bright are?

Thanks qusp,

The current limitation resistor on the s/pdif board is 1K for each LED. So, theoretically the current limitation would be 3.3mA. Roughly, if your LED is 2V, the working current will be 1.3mA :). Small enough? Recommend high light version LED with color other than the white and blue.

Ian

Attachments

• PanelSch.jpg
    PanelSch.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 710