Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Digital isolator board PCB revised to V1.5

Another bug fixed. I placed a optional universal isolator at the empty space, but I forgot isolating the ground plates. The PCB design was revised for this issue. Now it becomes V1.5.

Ian

Attachments

• TOP1.5.png
    TOP1.5.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 762
  • BOTTOM1.5.png
    BOTTOM1.5.png
    74 KB · Views: 668
Ian,

How are the isolators powered? Having independent supplies on FIFO and Clock board is easy as they both have independent power connectors. The FIFO board has a second power connector which can be used to power one side of the isolator board. Where would you tap the power from the clock board?

For application bridging the FIFO and the clock board, isolators will be powered by the FPC/FCC cables from both side. You don't need power the isolator with additional connectors, you just need power the FIFO and clock board with different PSU :).

Ian

Hi Ian

Video-sound delay.... another request...

I know it have been mention before and have read the answer and know it is bit "against" FiFo idea....
But still will try to kindly ask for some solution/backdoor in that regard.....

Idea of building separate audio system just for video is not always possible, well some of us just do not have that much "space"....
And watching "good guys" playing out of bit is a pain or even a crime ...

Maybe it would be possible to have kind of "Video FiFo mode", with fixed minimal buffer length for at list 44/48 kHz. I mean hopefully that could be done as software/firmware mode.

Rosendorfer