Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

qusp, get that AP already! :p

Ian, qusp, did you guys have any progress regarding the compact regulators you were thinking of designing? How about the advanced management board?
Texas Instruments do offer some feature-rich evaluation boards for the latter at a - relatively - reasonable price, but they're not what you'd call compact PCBs exactly..

Awywany, I think both of the above would be welcome additions to this (and other) projects.
Sticking with the compact theme, matching boards for (or integrated) PCB mount transformers for the PSUs would also be welcome; though I still have a stock of R-Core transformers I'm trying to utilize somehow.. :eek:

Just throwing around ideas/reminders. :p

Last edited:
yeah i'm at the point of getting some prototype PCBs in the coming weeks, but want to get a couple other designs on the same panel so working on some unrelated stuff first. no intention to integrate transformers, strictly DC input

Great news! Please keep us posted! :)

Regarding "smart charging" of LiFePo4 batteries, this bq25070 evaluation board is interesting and reasonably priced (@ $49). Single cell battery, so I'm thinking a clock or something. Also has an LDO 4.9V output as well which I'm sure will come in handy as well.. ;)
For multiple cell batteries, TI offers other devices like the BQ24630 (samples @ $99 though).
As with LDO samples, PCBs are not exactly compact, which is of course understandable since they're not sold as end products.

qusp, get that AP already! :p

Ian, qusp, did you guys have any progress regarding the compact regulators you were thinking of designing? How about the advanced management board?
Texas Instruments do offer some feature-rich evaluation boards for the latter at a - relatively - reasonable price, but they're not what you'd call compact PCBs exactly..

Awywany, I think both of the above would be welcome additions to this (and other) projects.
Sticking with the compact theme, matching boards for (or integrated) PCB mount transformers for the PSUs would also be welcome; though I still have a stock of R-Core transformers I'm trying to utilize somehow.. :eek:

Just throwing around ideas/reminders. :p

Thank TheShaman for you reminding. TPS7A4700 reg confirmed very good. Beat all LDOs I tested previously :). I have quite a few of PCB may try to supply some to those who need them.

Since people expressed they want to do something rather than just receiving free samples, so I need figure out how.

Regards

Ian

TPS7A4700 low noise reg PCB samples are available for donation now

TPS7A4700 reg was confirmed good in the past a couple of weeks. I ordered 50 PCB samples J. Somebody may need them for their project.

I understand you more will to support my R&D rather than just receiving free evaluation samples. So, in this case, I’ll supply this PCB with opening for donations.

If you want the PCB, you can make some donation to my Paypal account: iancanada.mail@gmail.com. You can ask for more than one piece with putting note on Paypal payment form. But to leave more chance for others, it would be better no more than three pieces if you don’t really need that many. TPS7A4700 PCB will be shipped to your Paypal address in a letter. Or, you may include your GBIII order number if you have to ship them together. But please do not mix up with GBIII payment, I may easy to get confusion. I thank you for your donation no matter how much it is J.

Slodering the QFN may need some skills, This youtube video may help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Qt5CtUlqY

Datasheet: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps7a4700.pdf

Schematics attached below

I prefer receiving CAD$ as currency if it is possible :D

Regards from Canada

Ian

Attachments

• TPS7A47SCH.png
    TPS7A47SCH.png
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,333
  • PCBs.JPG
    PCBs.JPG
    648.2 KB · Views: 1,301
  • MLCCversion.JPG
    MLCCversion.JPG
    439.2 KB · Views: 1,239
  • TPS7A47PCB.JPG
    TPS7A47PCB.JPG
    436.8 KB · Views: 1,221
  • TPS7A47RegMLCC.JPG
    TPS7A47RegMLCC.JPG
    312.9 KB · Views: 1,206
Last edited:
Will they be available in finished form in a future group buy? Thanks...

TPS7A4700 reg was confirmed good in the past a couple of weeks. I ordered 50 PCB samples J. Somebody may need them for their project.

I understand you more will to support my R&D rather than just receiving free evaluation samples. So, in this case, I’ll supply this PCB with opening for donations.

If you want the PCB, you can make some donation to my Paypal account: iancanada.mail@gmail.com. You can ask for more than one piece with putting note on Paypal payment form. But to leave more chance for others, it would be better no more than three pieces if you don’t really need that many. TPS7A4700 PCB will be shipped to your Paypal address in a letter. Or, you may include your GBIII order number if you have to ship them together. But please do not mix up with GBIII payment, I may easy to get confusion. I thank you for your donation no matter how much it is J.

Slodering the QFN may need some skills, This youtube video may help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Qt5CtUlqY

Datasheet: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps7a4700.pdf

Schematics attached below

I prefer receiving CAD$ as currency if it is possible :D

Regards from Canada

Ian

TPS7a4700 PCB offer

Hi Ian, Normaly I would need 4 regulators PCB but I will wait, take only 2 this time and leave the chance to others. Please send me two PCB, please include them in the shipping of group buy III No 12. Paypal money to follow...

Did you see the TPS7A3301 it's a nice negative LDO very close to the TA4700 in specs. Will probably use this one on the IV stage of my next DAC

TPS7A3301RGWT Texas Instruments | 296-34830-1-ND | DigiKey

A TO220-7 case is available for this one but sadly the TPS7a4700 in not available in this package... It could have been a very nice and simple bipolar 1A supply design

Last edited:
Hi Ian, Normaly I would need 4 regulators PCB but I will wait, take only 2 this time and leave the chance to others. Please send me two PCB, please include them in the shipping of group buy III No 12. Paypal money to follow...

Did you see the TPS7A3301 it's a nice negative LDO very close to the TA4700 in specs. Will probably use this one on the IV stage of my next DAC

A TO220-7 case is available for this one but sadly the TPS7a4700 in not available in this package... It could have been a very nice and simple bipolar 1A supply design

Thanks Fridrik, I use TPS7A4700 for clock board so far. But I think the negative one you mentioned is good for low noise application, it worth to give a try.

Ian

fridrik, i'm not sure these regulators are that suitable for an IV stage, LDOs in priciple and across the board generally rely heavily on their output capacitors to provide for transient current demands ie. their transient response is directly proportional to the output capacitance; by themselves while the noise is good and low, the transient response is usually pretty ordinary.

this is fine for things that have low, or stable current demands that can be supplied by lowZ decoupling at point of load, but IV stages though not having huge current demand (most of them), do have transient current demands that may be enough to deplete local decoupling.

what do you think Ian?