Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 78 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th July 2012, 09:30 AM   #771
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Another flashing idea! I will move the mounting holes a bit on the next version of FIFO PCB, to make a new possible option: clock board stack above the FIFO board. That will save a lot of space for a DAC project.

Nice weekend.

Ian
Ian

Its a good idea but the flat cable is not long enough, please consider to provide a longer version in GBII. I want to stack the SPDIF above the FIFO.
Old 14th July 2012, 11:12 AM   #772
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosendorfer View Post
+1 from also from me..

Well or maybe .....
We could use BIII adapter board, any chance to solder in nicely in that position...??
I2S using u.FL.... just a fought.

Rosendorfer
its really not very clear what you are asking for here.
do also remember these are basically being thrown in as a gift with a kit that is already priced VERY low, do you think also asking him to source your parts for you and what solder them too is reasonable, on another 50-100 adapters kits?

IMO someone ELSE should pick up the ball and organize a small GB for these parts

Last edited by qusp; 14th July 2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 15th July 2012, 02:09 AM   #773
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

On that note, I'm game to jump in and organize a GB for whatever isn't or shouldn't be part of the main kit - or whatever's 'fiddly' that can be done by someone other than Ian. Ian/Qusp - shoot me a pm with any thoughts you have on getting it going.
Old 15th July 2012, 05:28 PM   #774
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
its really not very clear what you are asking for here.
do also remember these are basically being thrown in as a gift with a kit that is already priced VERY low, do you think also asking him to source your parts for you and what solder them too is reasonable, on another 50-100 adapters kits?

IMO someone ELSE should pick up the ball and organize a small GB for these parts
Dear qusp

I will take that You are fighting for a Noble Cause hire.. saving our precious Ian from all the "dark creatures" wondering around this forum, and as justfull sheriff, shot first then ask ... but wish You bit more faith in people...
Love and Peace....
and well ... Jitter Free Musik..

Regards
Rosendorfer
Old 15th July 2012, 07:07 PM   #775
diyAudio Member

Quote:
shot first then ask
actually no, I asked quite directly first... then shot

what do you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp
'its really not very clear what you are asking for here'
is? was it because it was missing a question mark? no offense, it really wasnt very clear what it was you were asking, so I asked …

then I preempted the dark creatures; they are everywhere

Its not even preemptive, it was already asked on the previous page that he add the parts to the kit and solder them for some, but not others, meaning making another order to cover it one would presume. thats cool Ian can look after himself, but these in particular are something that would be perfect for a group buy for someone else to organize. which thankfully MisteRogers has offered to do (@misterogers: i'll shoot you a pm later mate)

With Loriens board and now looking like the twisted pear guys may offer them as optional connectors now, just generally diyers, the fifo of course … I think there will be quite a few takers for these given how well the price is driven down with bulk order.

They are light and tiny so the postage will be small too.

This Group is getting pretty big now, so leveraging the buying power of a large group for other fifo associated parts becomes attractive. A proactive person might survey what power supply options people were using and combine a GB for the most popular choice. LiFePO4 Batteries would be attractive but the difficulty of shipping pretty much rules them out

i'm all GB'd out for a while, having been involved in running a few already for the better part of this year and last, so its not going to be me, but it damn well shouldnt be Ian.

so i would say the same of you, think first before firing the first shot.

Last edited by qusp; 15th July 2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 15th July 2012, 08:34 PM   #776
diyAudio Member

Default FIFO KIT GB II details posted today

Please click below link to take a look:

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Thanks and have a nice week.

Ian
Old 17th July 2012, 05:05 PM   #777
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Question Ian; I'm playing with the eXD USB/PCM/DSD board. I've had the firmware flashed to switch the ESS9018 (Buffalo or Acko, whatever) between I2S & DSD depending on the stream. Driving the Buffalo directly, it demonstrates the sonic advantages of DSD direct (IMO). Audirvana Plus is using the DSD over PCM standard when playing DSD files. If I place FIFO between the eXD board and the ESS*, how will FIFO react? Will it simply drop stream when DSD comes through? Will it pass through? I'm sure there's much going on here that I don't understand - so apologies in advance for my stupidity :-)
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:45 AM   #778
hirez69 is offline hirez69  Europe
diyAudio Member

Default Dual XO board -

Hello Ian,

first, thank you for sharing your fabulous project and for the great job to organize the GB.

In the search for alternatives to Crystek's XO, I would like to know if NDK's oscillators, 90.3168 MHz & 98,304 Mhz, are "compatible" with Dual XO clock board.
Those XOs would prevent the double speed mode.
If your answer is affermative, please let us know the right settings.

I attach the datasheet.

Greetings

hirez69
Attached Files
File Type: zip c_7311SDF_NSA3344A_e.zip (254.9 KB, 31 views)
Old 23rd July 2012, 02:48 PM   #779
diyAudio Member

MisteRogers: no the fifo will not do DSD
Old 23rd July 2012, 02:52 PM   #780
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

Morning! (at least for me :-) Yea, I know FIFO doesn't do DSD, I was more curious as to whether it might 'pass through' DSD. I'm also curious about about how the DSD over PCM 1.0 spec. will 'play' with FIFO. I'm using an eXD PCM/DSD board in one of my builds that's using this spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
MisteRogers: no the fifo will not do DSD

Hide this!Advertise here!