Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 63 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th June 2012, 07:34 AM   #621
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

well I think Ian tested both but decided to go with easier and guaranteed availability
Old 5th June 2012, 08:17 AM   #622
zinsula is offline zinsula  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Demian doesn't think they do not meet the spec: Here his post
Old 5th June 2012, 08:23 AM   #623
diyAudio Member

yeah I thought I had seen Demian mention they were up to snuff, the article mentioned above is much more likely to be rumor-mongering by the large competitors who are possibly embarrassed that such a small start up has them beat so convincingly
Old 5th June 2012, 10:55 AM   #624
vzs is offline vzs  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
2 I think, with termination on the input, well I cant advise on 3 or 1as I have no experience with them, though 1 sounds interesting, I would worry about linearity, but i'm a bit of a 'worry wart'
Thanks, I will try with PO74G125A(126A). By input termination you mean a 50ohm resistance in parallel with each input?
Old 5th June 2012, 12:02 PM   #625
diyAudio Member

50R to ground just before the input, provided theres no other termination beforehand. check the potato datasheet, I would think this application would be covered, or just steal a scheme from Ti. as I thought, the datasheet test circuit for PO74G125A includes 50ohms to ground after the pulse generator directly before the input, I presume the same applies here.

i'm not the expert in this area, Ian got an opinion? .

Last edited by qusp; 5th June 2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: checked back to double check both were i2s source
Old 5th June 2012, 12:11 PM   #626
PET-240 is offline PET-240  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quick sorta OT,

For output from the FIFO, not integrated on the board, I'm looking to drive 16 x TDA1543. This is looking around the 20-25mA to be covered at the 5V logic voltage. I have the schematic from the des
Old 5th June 2012, 12:11 PM   #627
diyAudio Member

.....igner, so I remember a 74HC s
Old 5th June 2012, 12:13 PM   #628
diyAudio Member

.omething or other, the iPhone is not the best device to reply on apparently.....

Anyway, what is best in your opinion to do this please?

Thanks,

Drew.
Old 8th June 2012, 04:08 AM   #629
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzs View Post
Thanks, I will try with PO74G125A(126A). By input termination you mean a 50ohm resistance in parallel with each input?
I found this circuit board but there's no information on the "OverKill Audio" Website. Quite similar to yours idea, very simple circuit but without any impedance matching resistor at the in/output. The components are very cheap, will give it a try.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf I2S+Switch+Rev+3.pdf (45.6 KB, 118 views)
Old 8th June 2012, 08:56 AM   #630
Telstar is offline Telstar  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
I found this circuit board but there's no information on the "OverKill Audio" Website. Quite similar to yours idea, very simple circuit but without any impedance matching resistor at the in/output. The components are very cheap, will give it a try.
I dont see any buffer. btw, Overkill owner posts here and i have his email somewhere.

Hide this!Advertise here!