Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
He wrote somewhere that you are not obliged to buy the things you are interested in.
I ordered Q7, pure pi for Raspberry, ucpure for Q7 3,3 volt side, shielding board between Raspberry and Q7 uc balancer .
For five volt Q7 i will mount Tent shunt directly on Q7 board right where it has to be. Will feed the shunt with LCRC because i got no usefull ideas how to implement choke input with Ian linear supply with added ultracap board.
For Raspberry i will feed ucpi also with a choke input ll2771 with adjusted airgap so it can handle 3,5 A at of course reduced inductance if i remember 700 mH.. This will be fine tuned to five volt by Doede Douma regulated supply.
Greetings Eduard

Reactions: 1 user
and finished.

used electronics:

ian canada FifiPiMa 1.5 reclocker (ACCUSILICON 45 mhz and 49 mhz) isolator ii, UcConditioner ultra capacitor 3.3 v, PUREPI Ultracapacitor / Batteries Dual Power Supply Module for Raspberry Pi 5V / 3.3V, Ian Canada GPIO extension kit for Raspberry Pi .

dac: Balanced DAC Board 2x PCM1794A I2S 24bit 192kHz.
further infrared, a rotary encoder, safe power off button raspberry pi.

maybe in the future get a UcConditioner ultra capacitor 5 v.

Attachments

• 2023-07-28-13-09-59-885.jpg
    2023-07-28-13-09-59-885.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 2023-07-28-13-13-21-496.jpg
    2023-07-28-13-13-21-496.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Actually even I am learning. I hope some more knowledgeable person can shed some light to it. @Gabster 2000 maybe you did something for the toroidal inrush current?
In my D11 Dac build at 6:05 I posted a schematic of the power supply that uses 3 large transformers and I used a simple snubber circuit with one resistor and one capacitor to keep the big relay safe from inrush current . The video also shows the entire build with triggers in and, timers and on off circuit
It is a complete elaborate power supply for 5 Ucpure and 1 linear pi
Hope that helps you @NeoTheOne and others

Reactions: 1 users
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
For Raspberry i will feed ucpi also with a choke input ll2771 with adjusted airgap so it can handle 3,5 A at of course reduced inductance if i remember 700 mH.. This will be fine tuned to five volt by Doede Douma regulated supply.
Hello,
I looked around in my room full of parts to see what is available.
I use the raspberry pi3+ with a very light task so to say nothing connected to its usb boards, no wifi. Just a SD card installed. Just cabled ethernet and connecting to Roon Nucleus which has an internal HD with files. When everything is working properly i will use an online streaming service.
Just like with the Roon Nucleus '' clone '' the power supply will have an easy life.
I expect once the charging of the caps on the purepi and the shieldpi pro is done there wont be to much current '' flow '' in the power supply.
The LL2771 is not that big just around 430 mH at 3,5 A so i expect it to be a bit more once the charging is done.
I found a nice old Parmeko transformer rated for 2A at its secondary side. Using PSUD there will be around 12 volt DC at 2 A load into Doede''s regulator circuit that will give 5 volts to the purepi . Once current is just 1A this 12 volt will be 6 volt higher .
So i will have to check the actual current being drawn in my PI3+ with a multimeter. Maybe precharge the purepi with a very basic supply.
Greetings, eduard

Attachments

• Ed DDDAC Power supply Circuit 1.0.pdf
    104.8 KB · Views: 76
Hi all,

Noob question here, I want to order the FifoPi Q7 with HdmiPi Pro for my Pi 4. Are these boards plug n play in Ropieee? I know they can be set under volumio, but haven't find anything on how they work under Ropieee?

Thanks for any pointers.
Hi,

I use ropieee with Q7 and hdmipi pro. I use the generic i2s driver and it works without problems.

Regards

Ropieee has a very nice, simple web interface that makes configuration of an endpoint (remote) a snap. I have several endpoints using Ropieee - dependent on the hardware used of course. Simply burn it to an SD card, insert into the RPi and let it do it's thing. At the end of install process, the web banner page will appear for configuration. There are two versions; one for an RPi 3, the other for an RPi 4. You can find Ropieee here.

I don't recommend anything from Amazon since it's compromised, especially batteries. I exclusively use 26650, but did some small 18650 projects in the past.

For USA, I buy from StorTronics (high trust factor), Authorized Lithiumwerks Reseller:

https://lithiumwerksbatteries.com/l...-1-ah-lithium-iron-phosphate-lifepo4-battery/

They are pretty solid and answer questions timely.

For QTY < 10, they wrap each individual LiFePO4 in their own sealed plastic. This is handy for International flights. I don't think I can travel with Ultra Capacitors.

But I don't know if their shipping policy has changed. They usually handle orders in the thousands, so I don't know if this applies to small orders:

Lithium_Caution__53390.jpg

Depending on your QTY, another place is:

https://www.18650batterystore.com/products/lithiumwerks-apr18650m1b

They sell official Lithiumwerks 18650 (medium trust factor).

Last edited: