Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 445 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th June 2017, 02:30 PM   #4441
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guho View Post
Ian, I'm very impressed by the new MC FIFO board. Really amazing work! And very usable for "music only" applications.

I have one major concern with the current design; the MC FIFO couldn't be used for every application, because only with a 0.015s< MC FIFO delay(max. 15ms delay) the device is usable as an all-round device for video, music and gaming.

Will there be a future update of MC FIFO which is usable for every application? Do you see any improvement possible due a future firmware-update for example to improve the delay to a max of 15ms instead of the current 100ms? (or even lower, 10ms, the lower the better)

That would be more then great! In that case the board would be perfect!

And what do you mean with "Continue adjustment" in the quote stated above? Will this be de "lowest possible delay mode"? And if so; then how many ms delay will that be on average? I'm not able to find anything about this subject in the current documentation.

I'm looking forward to your reply, thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Hi Guho,

With delay time continue adjustment, it is possible to set the delay time to 15ms( but not limited, you can set to 5ms, 10ms,20ms...too). Small upgrade need to be done to the McFIFO display/controller
(which is here: https://github.com/iancanada/McFIFOdisplay ).

You can set the delay time even shorter if you enable the MCLK slave control mode. This is the third generation Ian FIFO technology, a lot of things are possible.

Good weekend.
Ian
Old 17th June 2017, 03:08 PM   #4442
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917 Send a message via Skype™ to sq225917
Ian where can I see a list of all your boards?
Old 17th June 2017, 04:21 PM   #4443
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
Ian where can I see a list of all your boards?
@sq225917

Just organized everything here on gitHub:

https://github.com/iancanada/DocumentDownload

Please let me know if you have any question.

Good weekend
Ian

Click the image to open in full size.
ghiHubList
by Ian, on Flickr

Last edited by iancanada; 17th June 2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 17th June 2017, 06:20 PM   #4444
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917 Send a message via Skype™ to sq225917
Thanks Ian I'm sure ill have a few.
Old 17th June 2017, 06:36 PM   #4445
Guho is online now Guho  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Hi Guho,

With delay time continue adjustment, it is possible to set the delay time to 15ms( but not limited, you can set to 5ms, 10ms,20ms...too). Small upgrade need to be done to the McFIFO display/controller
(which is here: https://github.com/iancanada/McFIFOdisplay ).

You can set the delay time even shorter if you enable the MCLK slave control mode. This is the third generation Ian FIFO technology, a lot of things are possible.

Good weekend.
Ian
Hi Ian,

Thank you for your quick reply and the great solution!
You've really thought of everything with this project, I'm amazed by the professionalism and how flexible your approach is.

I just added myself to the group buy (of course ), I'm really looking forward to the boards, I will send you a email with my details.

Kind regards and have a nice weekend also,
Guho
Old 17th June 2017, 07:45 PM   #4446
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guho View Post
Hi Ian,

Thank you for your quick reply and the great solution!
You've really thought of everything with this project, I'm amazed by the professionalism and how flexible your approach is.

I just added myself to the group buy (of course ), I'm really looking forward to the boards, I will send you a email with my details.

Kind regards and have a nice weekend also,
Guho
Thanks Guho for those good words.

Ian GB2017 is starting to run this weekend (I believe on Sunday, tomorrow), I'm busy working on it.

Regards,
Ian

Last edited by iancanada; 17th June 2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 19th June 2017, 02:42 AM   #4447
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian, how to output to USB from RPi3 via the following combo McFIFO Kit -> Mc DualXO -> IsolatorPi -> DoP to DSD Card -> "What / How USB Output?" Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 08:24 AM   #4448
diyAudio Member

Dear Ian,

I'm long time user (4yr+) your complete setup, and I have two of your clock boards already here - with regard to new (in the post) Pulsar clock 22.xxx, the original XO board would limit functionality to 88.2k only. Dual XO would have it 44.1k through to 176kHz. My question is there any advantage with such clock used with your Single XO, Dual XO or Dual XO II so far as phase noise : jitter/overall performance is concerned.

Thanks,
Shane
Old 24th June 2017, 02:12 PM   #4449
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Wallace View Post
Dear Ian,

I'm long time user (4yr+) your complete setup, and I have two of your clock boards already here - with regard to new (in the post) Pulsar clock 22.xxx, the original XO board would limit functionality to 88.2k only. Dual XO would have it 44.1k through to 176kHz. My question is there any advantage with such clock used with your Single XO, Dual XO or Dual XO II so far as phase noise : jitter/overall performance is concerned.

Thanks,
Shane
Hi Shane,

With 22.xxx MHz XO, you can run music up to 176KHz. Pulsar OCXO are super, so for the best ones you can touch.

Among single XO, dual XO, dual XO II, I would recommend dual XO II.

But the new McDualXO is better than all of them, it works for McFIFO only.

Have a good weekend.
Ian
Old 25th June 2017, 07:18 AM   #4450
diyAudio Member

Thanks Ian,

I performed the micro-surgery on the Dual XO board today, removing the onboard LDO's and J5 connector in anticipation for the pulsar ADM7150 regulator. Hopefully I can get it to fit properly, I can see why you have moved the DC input connector on the newer clock board !!. If I can get it to work properly, great, if not - I'll add my name to the GB list for the newer clock board.

Thanks again,
Shane

Hide this!Advertise here!