Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Hi Ian,

What is the difference between the receiverpi and receiverpi pro?

Regards,
Ad.

@advr

ReceiverPi Pro has two main improvements over the ReceiverPi I

1. Added a HDMI I2S/DSD input to replace the old TTL level I2S input. This feature makes it possible to work with any external digital music source that has a HDMI I2S output. For example, a MQA streamer with a HDMI I2S output, or an external RPi streamer.

2. With a re-designed control port that can work seamlessly with the new StationPi pro. Just plug in, no need any additional cable connection in between.

You can compare them by the two pictures.

Good weekend.
Ian

Attachments

• ReceiverPiPro1.jpg
    ReceiverPiPro1.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 447
  • ReceiverPi.jpg
    ReceiverPi.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 426
Ian,

It there a way to get x32 upsampling (i.e. 1.536MHz) from ReclockPi or FifoPi? Some other products out there have specified compliance up to 768k because they had no way to test the higher upsampling although they do work when tested (i.e. Sonore), so I am just wondering if that is the case here too or if there is some hardware/firmware limit in these boards for 768k?

Anthony

@advr

ReceiverPi Pro has two main improvements over the ReceiverPi I

1. Added a HDMI I2S/DSD input to replace the old TTL level I2S input. This feature makes it possible to work with any external digital music source that has a HDMI I2S output. For example, a MQA streamer with a HDMI I2S output, or an external RPi streamer.

2. With a re-designed control port that can work seamlessly with the new StationPi pro. Just plug in, no need any additional cable connection in between.

You can compare them by the two pictures.

Good weekend.

Ian
That is very interesting!
Having now a normal ReceiverPi.

Will it be available at the same time as the StationPi Pro?

Thanks for all the good work.

Regards,
Ad.

FifoPi doesn't change the 48Fs into 64Fs. HdmiPi and TransportPi are also have no problem with 48Fs. The only thing is that you have to make sure your DAC works for 48Fs. (There will be no problem if your DAC was working with the I2S from your CD-Pro)
Ian
Hi Ian!
Will your I2S-PCM conversion board works well with MCLK=33,8688 or 36.864MHz? If yes, then what format is needed: 32FS or 48FS? Is 352.8 or 384kHz input format will works well for TDA1541A in "simultaneous mode" output?
To simplify my question. I want to use 33/36 MHz clocks for "fifopi->i2s-pcm-> TDA1541A in simultaneous mode" chain with 33/36 MHz clocks to play 352/384 kHz audio. Will it be a working chain? Thank you!

I'm on the same page. Can't convince myself to buy the Aliexpress caps.
There's also this one:
CDCL3000C0-0002R7STB SPSCAP - Supercapacitor | 3000F; 2.7VDC; O60.8x138mm; Ifsm: 2166A; Ir: 5.2mA; C3000F-2.7V-STB | TME - Electronic components

@Ian
Can the UcConditioner 3.3v be modified to work on 5v?

@Fabflix

Yes, UcPure can be configured to 5V.
Please see the page 3 of the UcPure user's manual for how to:
DocumentDownload/UcPureManual.pdf at master * iancanada/DocumentDownload * GitHub

Regards,
Ian

HA!! I just got the email and it had aliexpress µCaps ... I came here to say avoid. I think getting the balance board there is living on the edge enough, without trusting the actual manufacture of caps that can put out hundreds (thousands ...) of amps into a short to an unknown.

I see I wasnt the only one with that sentiment.