Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

FifoPi Q3 has both DSD_EN and MUTE outputs (isolated), so it can run a DSC pure DSD DAC directly.

I have one of this DSC DAC in my system. It works great with FifoPiQ3.

FifoPi Q2 doesn't have this DSD_EN output, so it may have problem working with the DSC DAC.

https://flic.kr/p/2jKG66Y
FifoPiQ3_DSC
by Ian, on Flickr

Ian
Hi Ian , do you sell those ufl adaptor boards as I would love to grab a few?

Hi Ian,
I've been looking with longing at the latest group buy, and virtually spending that which I don't have! Resurrected my basic player last week after a drop on the floor courtesy of children (naturally, a day or so before Ivan's excellent transformer board arrived), and really enjoying the upgrade!

I'm wondering if anyone might yet have been comparing StationPi, and LinearPi + UcConditioner, against similar offerings (such as USBridge Sig and Shanti from Allo)? I'm at the stage of planning reasonable power supply purchases over the next 6 - 12 months, and had been considering the USB Sig as a possible update path after that - I'm looking forward to an update on DimDim's blog regarding his compute-module board too.

Currently running (and enjoying) Raspberry 3B+ > FifoPi Q2 Ultimate > ShieldPi > ES9038Q2M Dual Mono DAC > Bisesik v4 transformer IV, with DIYinHK power boards.

Regards,
Simon

G

M

T

Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu
AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBengaliBosnianBulgarianCatalanCebuanoChichewaChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchFrisianGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianMyanmar (Burmese)NepaliNorwegianPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScots GaelicSerbianSesothoShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters

Options : History : Feedback : DonateClose

Hi Ian, I do not want to go too far off topic here, but may be one quick response. For my BLOG I started to use WordPress. I needed a week or so to get used to it, but it all works very easy and intuitive - Under this platform there are many web shop plug ins - that is where I would start.

If you want we can PM as well -

Ian, I work in ecommerce, built/ contracted on loads of shop sites Netsuite, Magenta and Shopify platforms and loads of others.

If you want simple setup and management id go with Shopify. Hire one of their pro's to do the design and populate your first product template, you can do the rest easily.

The back end automation is great, use the Shipmate plug in to handle international mailing options based on country cost and weight.

The integrated CRM tools are easy to use for mail list management and email marketing.

Youd have everything listed in about 40 hours.

Hi,

Regarding the separation of FiFoPi and RPi: Does the FiFoPi need 3.3V connection from Raspberry? What are the necessary connections between the two?

Thanks.

Fifopi 3.3V is better to be independent and isolated from the RPi power.
FifoPi has built in isolator, this configuration can cut the ground loop.

Regards,
Ian

ReceiverPi locking issue with FifoPi when using coaxial RCA

Hello,

Yesterday I have updated my stack with the ReceiverPi. I have shorted pins 17 and 18 for s/pdif over rca. I connected my bluray player (Cambridge Audio 752BD) with a coaxial cable to the rca of the ReceiverPi. When the bluray player is off my stack uses raspberry pi as source and it works as expected. But now when I turn on my bluray player the source is switched by the receiverpi to rca and my fifopi starts switching between xo1 and xo2 (the green leds D8 and D9 keep alternating) without ever getting a proper lock and this is audible. When I start playing something from the bluray player the fifopi locks and when I stop playing the fifopi does not alternate between the clocks anymore but I can't play music from the raspberry pi. The receiverpi does not switch back. I also tested rca in of the ReceiverPi with an Auralic. When the Auralic powers on the music from my raspberry pi stops and the fifopi locks on 44.1kHz.

So when connecting the ReceiverPi with the bluray player by s/pdif coax the music of the raspberry pi stops and the fifopi clocks keep alternating without getting a lock until something gets played.

When connecting to the Auralic to the ReceiverPi by s/pdif coax the music of the raspberry pi stops and the fifopi gets locked on 44.1 kHz.

So the questions are:
Shouldn't the receiverpi only switch sources when you start playing from an external source and not when only turning it on?

How can I prevent the switching between clocks on the FifoPi when turning on my bluray player?

With regards,

Bert.

Hello,

Yesterday I have updated my stack with the ReceiverPi. I have shorted pins 17 and 18 for s/pdif over rca. I connected my bluray player (Cambridge Audio 752BD) with a coaxial cable to the rca of the ReceiverPi. When the bluray player is off my stack uses raspberry pi as source and it works as expected. But now when I turn on my bluray player the source is switched by the receiverpi to rca and my fifopi starts switching between xo1 and xo2 (the green leds D8 and D9 keep alternating) without ever getting a proper lock and this is audible. When I start playing something from the bluray player the fifopi locks and when I stop playing the fifopi does not alternate between the clocks anymore but I can't play music from the raspberry pi. The receiverpi does not switch back. I also tested rca in of the ReceiverPi with an Auralic. When the Auralic powers on the music from my raspberry pi stops and the fifopi locks on 44.1kHz.

So when connecting the ReceiverPi with the bluray player by s/pdif coax the music of the raspberry pi stops and the fifopi clocks keep alternating without getting a lock until something gets played.

When connecting to the Auralic to the ReceiverPi by s/pdif coax the music of the raspberry pi stops and the fifopi gets locked on 44.1 kHz.

So the questions are:
Shouldn't the receiverpi only switch sources when you start playing from an external source and not when only turning it on?

How can I prevent the switching between clocks on the FifoPi when turning on my bluray player?

With regards,

Bert.

I just tested the receiverpi connected to my bluray with an optical s/pdif cable. Same issue as above. No lock and the clocks keep switching.....

Quick question for Ian.

I am working on getting a very high spec XO clock 45 and 49 MHz series (for these frequencies -115dBc at 10Hz) but need to define the OE pin. Now the OE pin will enable the output at logic HIGH or pull it Low when the OE pin goes LOW.... So, this XO will not be able to do a tri-state output. Hence I assume this will not work with the Q2 version FIFOPI ? But will on the Q3?

Correct ?

Alternatively I can leave pin 1 floating

What would you suggest for the FIFOPI Ian ?

Someone can help me understanding if is only a problem for me or is really a bug ?

when i am using the clock divider feature on the mcfifo, all of sudden mute, no longer works between tracks in DSD (not sure about other formats, not albe to test them at the moment).
when i am not using the divider... everything works fine with the muting.

can someone else confirm that ?