Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Would be great if the Fifo and Transport Pi sections were angled 90 degrees from where they are now so that their outputs were on the same plane as the Pi inputs?
Would make mounting in a case simpler if all the inputs and outputs were on the same face - just my 2 pennies worth!

Good point, we ned to check outlets and imputs sides so it would be nise to have everything on same side, especialy when it all goes in to shaissis. another socket for ess screan woud be nice, just not shure if itwill not give another sorce for picking up rf.

OOh just like my Ply-Pi, USBridge feeding FIFO and dual DAC without the ballache of the i2S wires, on a Birch ply breadboard.

ACtC-3exROScgfyIOpAnFe7UnM9mhmyYutI8tX7ygHzM3S3tAAWcoiEBXYo2zw9YAnnR-BV5v-cSs10ulphsDkihjHPoOrT15FWaJHOKb4m6wfN6vyYMUVkNhGXsurArIyJXGZCWF84bDxRMc8fhpn5J4Ze1=w1236-h695-no

Disabled Account
Joined 2020
I'm not sure I'm ready to go RPi4 yet. I'm still trying for the lowest footprint first, but the 8GB RAM is really tempting as it would be nice to have a 4GB RAM Buffer solely for music playback.

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming - Page 445 - Music Servers - Audiophile Style

But there's a interesting RPi4 Coolermaster Case option with side GPIO access.

The whole case is a heatsink. If the StationPi has 90 degree side GPIO connectors, you maybe able to slide in sideways the RPi4 w/ case.

Pi Case 40 by Cooler Master — Kickstarter

pi-40_05.jpg

Considering this now for my primary as having that side access with a GPIO Ribbon Extender may keep footprint small while maintaining cleaner separation.

Last edited:
Would RPi4 be OK with the sink facing downward?

Would be great if the Fifo and Transport Pi sections were angled 90 degrees from where they are now so that their outputs were on the same plane as the Pi inputs?
Would make mounting in a case simpler if all the inputs and outputs were on the same face - just my 2 pennies worth!

Thanks guys,

StationPi will open a window for RPi heat sink.

It will also have two GPIO footprints to mount Audio HATs in both orientation (For transport/streamer and DCA).

Ian

Is it allowed to talk about other applications or setups that may use just some of your modules here?

To start with, I have a Topping D50 that I connected through USB to a Raspberry Pi 3B+, running Picoreplayer.

Since before buying the Topping D50, the idea was to modify the analog output, particularly because it's powered with DC-DC supply, meanwhile the two DACs are powered with linear regulators, as I am using a linear supply to power the Topping.

The plan is to solder three wires on each DAC differential output and connect them to an external box, holding a new analog stage, powered with +/-15v linear regulated supplies, like a Jung regulator or so.

Your IVSTD assembled (or not) board seems ideal to use for that, even if you don't seem to have a regulator like the one I want. The only low noise supplies I saw, except the battery ones, are just pcbs for LT3042, which I don't think are as good as Jung regulator.

A friend of mine mentioned a new regulated linear supply for the Raspberry, but I don't know if it would replace the original DC-DC ones, does it?

I wonder if that wouldn't affect, for the better, the arrangement I already have.

How should I proceed to buy the output stage, when I want it?