Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 271 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd April 2013, 03:58 PM   #2701
diyAudio Member

thanks dvb,

he finally replied. looks like my order is getting through.

freundlichen Grüßen
Old 22nd April 2013, 04:25 PM   #2702
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

what was the shipping cost if you dont mind? I didnt bother following up because the stupid cart system said 190EU for shipping that was unavailable.
Old 22nd April 2013, 04:30 PM   #2703
diyAudio Member

eleven euros
Old 22nd April 2013, 04:32 PM   #2704
diyAudio Member

cool, OK I might shoot him an email, did you need to plead in some little known European dialect to get an answer?
Old 22nd April 2013, 04:39 PM   #2705
diyAudio Member

here's your best friend when dealing international:
Google Translate

Although I do suspect that he is fluent in her majesty's language...
Old 22nd April 2013, 05:35 PM   #2706
diyAudio Member

yeah i'm aware of the google service although the other day it didnt seem to be working properly on that site it was today though, in that particular google translate way.

However I was joking, sometimes, some Europeans respond better to those who can speak the language
Old 23rd April 2013, 04:25 AM   #2707
mcluxun is offline mcluxun  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOR3 View Post
I posted mechanicals for the S/PDIF Board on the Group Buy thread. It's post #632 on September 9, 2012. Please use these with caution. I am not an ME; not even close. When I used these to make my case, I had to make liberal use of a file to get things to fit properly. Whatever you do, don't send them to Front Panel Express and expect joy. My suggestion would be to use the drawings to make a mock-up out of heavy paper, test it, and make adjustments before a drill bit touches metal.
Best regards,
George
Thanks George
Your are really helpful here.
With some files and a cup of beer, here is what i got
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (44.5 KB, 542 views)
Old 24th April 2013, 07:06 PM   #2708
GOR3 is offline GOR3  United States
diyAudio Member

Excellent!
Old 29th April 2013, 03:12 AM   #2709
diyAudio Member

Default Off topic: FooMote- Control Foobar2000 from your Android phone or tablet

I have been looking for Foobar2000 remote control for a long time. I’m not happy with all the stuffs I’ve tried including some remote desktops until yesterday I found this FooMote.
FooMote Banamalon

To set up it is very easy

1. Go to Foobar2000 official website download the foo-httpcontrol plug-in, copy the extracted .dll into foobar2000 component folder.

2. Download foomote_json template, create foomate_json folder in the foobar2000 foo_httpcontrol_data folder, than copy the extracted xx folder into that folder
Please note the foo_httpcontrol_data is a system hiden folder, to located it you have to find it by searching %APPDATA%/foobar2000 at Windows7 search

3. Run foobar2000 and configure the plug-in as picture below, confirm to allow win7 firewall not to block it. You have to input the IP of the foobar2000 computer

5. At your Android, go to google play find and download foomote, it’s free! Open it. It will locate your foobar2000 server. OK, now you can enjoy your super remote control from your Android phone or big screen tablet.

Some basic requirements,
1, WIFI
2, Both Android and foobar2000 computer have to access network form same router or within same LAN segment

Please refer this link for details:

FooMote - Banamalon

Have fan!

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: png FooMote.png (144.9 KB, 389 views)
File Type: png foomote_json.png (175.5 KB, 385 views)
File Type: png httpPlugIn.png (84.5 KB, 372 views)

Last edited by iancanada; 29th April 2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old 30th April 2013, 12:38 AM   #2710
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian

After elevating my DAC thanks to Your amazing FiFo into level I never expected... I have started to look at ways of improving rest of my system
and now I'm fighting with my speakers....
To make long story short, have question.
Any chance to have 2 of Your FiFo-Reclock set-ups running the same input I2S data but with ability to delay one FiFo output at some time, like 50-250us. Some way to run second FiFo in kind of "slave mode" with fixed time delay to "master".
Then of cause the same, but just time delayed I2S data goes to 2 DACs and 2 Amps.
I'm thinking about possibility of using Your FiFo to delay Tweeter to Midwoofer in loudspeaker.
Getting nice XO slopes and crossing points in loudspeakers are pretty easy, but getting "time coherent" is usually bit problematic in most loudspeaker designs.
Any possibility that this could be done with current FiFo hardware?

Best Regards
Rosendorfer

Hide this!Advertise here!