Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 260 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th March 2013, 12:54 PM   #2591
diyAudio Member

I have checked with DMM and found each gnd pad on the adopter pcb share the same GND
plane. In other words, all u.fl cables' shields are already grounded.

still need to do so?

Last edited by wktk_smile; 15th March 2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 15th March 2013, 01:47 PM   #2592
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

yes, the BII i2s layout was flawed in this regard. sharing a single pin on the adapter for all the grounds is not good design. you have the extra pins on the adapter, use them.
Old 15th March 2013, 02:03 PM   #2593
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktk_smile View Post
clocks on dual XO board can be safely replaced with 45/49M ones, as described
in the manual.
Wouldn't you have to make sure that all your SPDIF DITs and DIRs are...comfortable with those higher clock speeds?

Quoting the dual-xo board "double-speed" manual:
Quote:
Dual XO Clock Board has a reserved double speed mode which could allow XO frequency going up to 45.1584 MHz and 49.1520 MHz to meet this kind of requirements. The double speed mode is not recommended to classical DACs and S/PDIF DITs to avoid any risk of possible damage.
I suppose the recommendation stands for clocks which natively run at said frequencies as well.
The DIX9211 on the SPDIF board should be OK (it's listed as 55.296MHz max on the datasheet), but I'm not sure about other transceivers.
Old 15th March 2013, 03:38 PM   #2594
diyAudio Member

From the Si570 manual:

The Si570 Clock Board operates in the double speed mode natively. It is not recommended to feed its MCLK into the DIT section of the S/PDIF board as part of a S/PDIF FIFO (can work with S/PDIF DIR without problem). If necessary, the MCLK from the FIFO board may be fed to the S/PDIF Interface board MCLK U.FL socket.

When avoiding 352/384k sampling rates the clocks should run at 45/49M max according to the manual for all groups. So could I use the si570 with spdif board then?

Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 05:33 PM   #2595
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

are you hoping to output spdif, or input spdif?

these comments relate only to outputting spdif, when inputting (which will only allow max 192 or maybe 216khz input) the fifo will select the correct clock speed on the si570 based on the incoming sample-rate

Last edited by qusp; 15th March 2013 at 05:35 PM.
Old 15th March 2013, 05:49 PM   #2596
diyAudio Member

Output to a consumer dac (lavry) with ad1896 src and ad1955 da, the ad1896 downsamples 176/192 to 96 (dunno why). 1896 datasheet says max masterclock 30 MHz, but cant really discern what the max input rate would be. Anyway i'm a n00b clearly

I understand it would be easier to just buy 2 crystek clocks and use the dual xo board but I plan to buy a new dac as soon as funds permit and already have the si570 board so would rather use that
Old 25th March 2013, 04:46 PM   #2597
diyAudio Member

greetings.

I tested the si570 reclocker board and fed i2s and synch clock to es9023 dac.

at 44.1sample rate, all is ok, when I switch to a 48K sample rate, I get hicups every 4 or 5 seconds. anyone have this problem?

regards.
Old 25th March 2013, 06:13 PM   #2598
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to dvb projekt
Question S/PDIF interface board input selector

Hello Ian,

did you see any chance to save the status of the input selector?
The standard starting with the optical input is suboptimal for everyone, who use another input like the backdoor I2S.

Best regards,
Oliver

Old 25th March 2013, 07:42 PM   #2599
boudy is offline boudy  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Part id

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktk_smile View Post
I hope these pictures explain well.
Does anyone know the name of the pin connector that was used or a Mouser part number? Thanks.
Old 25th March 2013, 07:55 PM   #2600
TNT is online now TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvb-projekt View Post
Hello Ian,

did you see any chance to save the status of the input selector?
The standard starting with the optical input is suboptimal for everyone, who use another input like the backdoor I2S.

Best regards,
Oliver

When timing is fixed downstream, opto is not a bad option as it gives galvanic separation. Do you suspect data loss?

Or are you playing a lot of hires making toslink impossible?

/

Hide this!Advertise here!