Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 244 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th February 2013, 01:43 PM   #2431
diyAudio Member

You have to read more carefully, as I said I know how many time they spent to measure the OCXO, and I don't tell you, since seems you already know that.
Maybe you don't know these are automatic phase noise measurement system, with built-in ultra low phase noise reference OCXO, ultra low noise preamplifier and a PLL to tune the exact frequency under test. The spectrum analyzer display the result, automatically. Just tuning the PLL.
The cost of such that equipment can vary from 20.000 USD up to 100.000 USD or more. But this is out of context, since I said several times "with the proper equipment" and I never said there is a cheap way to do that.

But seems you have no intention to step back, so I give up.
Old 18th February 2013, 03:26 AM   #2432
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

right, OK so you make a completely useless suggestion that has no relevance to anyone at all apart from a company making XO's

Quote:
ask them how long it took them and how much their test fixture cost them where you bought the XO's.
even with that I doubt very much its like operating an easybake oven

I gather they now make space probes to go to the other planets also, do you think you could tell us what the soil is like? I have always wondered and i'm writing a thesus. I have a pretty good idea based on data I have read elsewhere, but I would really like to know for myself. I dont have the money for the probe though, I figure with enough money and time you could make it happen. you remember me, I bought your car last year...

obviously i'm exaggerating

Last edited by qusp; 18th February 2013 at 03:45 AM.
Old 18th February 2013, 03:59 AM   #2433
diyAudio Member

argh, thesis, not the best word to make a stupid typing error on
Old 18th February 2013, 08:48 AM   #2434
diyAudio Member

Maybe you did not understand, I GIVE UP.
But if you want anyway the last word, that's Ok, do not consider this post.
Old 18th February 2013, 08:57 AM   #2435
diyAudio Member

pot kettle?

I give up, but blah blah blah blah is what you said, not really the same thing
Old 18th February 2013, 09:08 AM   #2436
Nikitas is offline Nikitas  Greece
diyAudio Member

OMG ENOUGH ALREADY!
Old 18th February 2013, 12:15 PM   #2437
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

Does anyone have a link to the GBII fifo instructions?
Old 18th February 2013, 03:14 PM   #2438
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
Does anyone have a link to the GBII fifo instructions?
Here:

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Hope it helps .
Old 18th February 2013, 04:09 PM   #2439
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
Ray, its misleading to say you can realistically input +36v for a +1.4v output and you have not even covered load current. this application of the TPS reg does not have much copper for heatsink, its designed for a low dropout voltage at 100-150ma in this application. the TPS gets best performance with ~1V dropout to work with.

a cap multiplier will negate or complicate the use of the load sense function, load regulation and transient response suffers, so not sure of the improvement

the question was directly feeding the board with batteries, or regulate beforehand, therefore the dropout of the onboard regs was the dropout under discussion, not the dropout for the TPS7A4700
Yes, actually TPS7A4700 has some sweet input ranges. I could be wrong, base on my test, for a 3.3V output, it's 4V-5V.

Hope can do more research and test.

Ian
Old 18th February 2013, 04:10 PM   #2440
1audio is offline 1audio  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea_mori View Post
You have to read more carefully, as I said I know how many time they spent to measure the OCXO, and I don't tell you, since seems you already know that.
Andrea:
I'm interested in finding out more about these oscillators. The info seems to be spread among several threads. Can you provide details or a link to a source? I have quotes for some really serious oscillators but they are really expensive and have a long lead time. If you have a source or circuitry that can get to the same place as the published plot I'm all ears.

Hide this!Advertise here!