Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Ian,

I2S input from the source board appears to be u.fl as well.
A mulichannel USB to I2S thats readily available is from DIYINHK. That doesnt have u.fl connectors. Can an adaptor board be made for soldering onto the DIYINHK board to get u.fl connectors?

McFIFO has both standard 2.54mm input pins and u.fl input connectors. So, there is no any problem working with any multi-channel USB streamers.

Making an adapter is also possible.

Ian

Ian,

I2S input from the source board appears to be u.fl as well.

A mulichannel USB to I2S thats readily available is from DIYINHK. That doesnt have u.fl connectors. Can an adaptor board be made for soldering onto the DIYINHK board to get u.fl connectors?

What's the reason implant degraded USB to I2S in the clear pass? All the intelligence power concentrated to find elegance solution to live clear, and what now? Go deep back....((?

Отправлено с моего iPad используя Tapatalk

Hi Ian,

will the McFIFO accept TDM multiplexed signal as it was discussed before?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...mate-weapon-fight-jitter-424.html#post4694526

I would like this TDM function to be integrated into my Multi-channel interface board, while keeps the McFIFO focusing on its won function. McFIFO already designed having a reserved a connector for this multi-channel interface board. It's the FFC/FPC connector J2, behind those u.fl sockets . You can find it in the picture.

McFifo6
by Ian, on Flickr

Regards,
Ian

Reactions: 1 user
Wonderful solution for multichannel !
But what DAC would best take advantage of this quality ?
Someone has suggestions in DIY ?
Thanks
nounouchet

1. For multi-channel applications, there are some multi-channel DACs are under developing in this website. And, some DACs, for example, ES9018, are already designed in multi-channel.

2. For stereo applications with digital crossover, I would suggest use multiple stereo DACs or DACs in mono block configuration. McDualXO can drive up to 4 independent DACs at same time.

Ian

Open source Arduino based McFIFO display

This is a new feature of McFIFO. An external display can be connected to McFIFO with only 3 wires

A lot of things such as I2S/DSD music information, McFIFO status, MCLK frequencies and FIFO delay time can be displayed on it. It’s also really helpful to debug your system.

Here is the github link of the project. You can download the source code for free:
https://github.com/iancanada/McFIFOdisplay

Just need to open the link and click the “Clone or download” button - Download Zip.

With this code, everybody can DIY their own McFIFO display.

Ian

McFIFOdisplay1
by Ian, on Flickr

McFIFOdisplay2
by Ian, on Flickr

Last edited:
More pictures of McFIFO display

Ian

Attachments

• McFIFOdisplay3.jpg
    McFIFOdisplay3.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 519
  • McFIFOdisplay4.jpg
    McFIFOdisplay4.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 515
  • McFIFOdisplay5.jpg
    McFIFOdisplay5.jpg
    460.9 KB · Views: 228
Dumb question of the day......

I am using a RPi adapter into fifo ii, isolatoradapter v2.5 and dual xo II.
Is the isolatorpi a good upgrade for me?

Hi Zoef,

Your current set up is already good enough.

IsolaterPi was designed mainly for RPi HATs or DoP to DSD. Those in master clock mode will benefit the most. However, you can try double isolation if you want.

Regards,
Ian

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Ian, this is a great free-bee! THANKS!

This ultra-low noise LDO regulator PCB will be supplied for free.

Please see the schematic for technical details.

Ian

ADM715X
by Ian, on Flickr

The ADM715x regulators are also used by Acko in his AKR75 series and Twisted Pear in their recent Trident-SR regulators for their Buffalo DACs.

These regulators (along with the still-great TPS7A4700 & LT3042) have become my go-to devices for digital and mixed uses.

I have found them to be very high-performing and easy to use devices, with an added benefit of the ADM7150 & ADM7151 devices taking input of up to 16v. which allows easy integration in many retrofit situations where the existing rails are too high for LDOs with the typical 5.5v limit (which sadly includes the ADM7154).

The attached pictures show:

- a 3.3v & 5v AKR75 on my HotRod Dial RPi DAC

- a 5v AKR75 providing a local 5v regulator on a mod of mine to a Sony HAP Z1-ES

I bet everyone who gets these will find them as useful and beneficial as I have!

THANKS!

Greg in Mississippi

Attachments

• IMAG5704 Resized.jpg
    IMAG5704 Resized.jpg
    662.8 KB · Views: 533
  • IMAG5595 Small.jpg
    IMAG5595 Small.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 524
MC FIFO delay

@ Abraham,

MC FIFO delay can be set to 0.1s,0.2s,04s, and 1s. Continue adjustment is also possible. I didn't design a zero delay. Because zero delay means you don't need a FIFO, and it can not work with new clock domain (old clock can not be replaced by a new clock).

Pleas let me know if you have more questions.

Regards,
Ian

Ian, I'm very impressed by the new MC FIFO board. Really amazing work! And very usable for "music only" applications.

I have one major concern with the current design; the MC FIFO couldn't be used for every application, because only with a 0.015s< MC FIFO delay(max. 15ms delay) the device is usable as an all-round device for video, music and gaming.

Will there be a future update of MC FIFO which is usable for every application? Do you see any improvement possible due a future firmware-update for example to improve the delay to a max of 15ms instead of the current 100ms? (or even lower, 10ms, the lower the better)

That would be more then great! In that case the board would be perfect!

And what do you mean with "Continue adjustment" in the quote stated above? Will this be de "lowest possible delay mode"? And if so; then how many ms delay will that be on average? I'm not able to find anything about this subject in the current documentation.

I'm looking forward to your reply, thank you in advance.

Kind regards,