Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Hey Ian, SUCCESS! All components up and running.

I've replaced the 45 Mhz supplied XO with Crystek 957 25 Mhz and it works well @ 44.1 Khz.

Question - Does the supplied 49 Mhz XO work? There is no audio when I playback at 192 Khz for example. I have ordered a 49 Mhz Crystek 957 and will replace when it arrives, but just checking to make sure.

What a long journey since putting my name down on GB, but well worth it :) Thanks Ian.

Hi Ian

u.fl connectors on the WaveIO are the non-isolated. I recall that you said that we should use the isolated connection (pins). Did I misunderstand? Should I just use the non-isolated connection and not worry?

Cheers

WaveIO already has output in u.fl sockets on it :)

I don't think you need a cap. It might be a new version?

Ian

Last edited:
hifirapsi SuperDAC

hifiraspi-10.jpg

hifiraspi-11.jpg
Very nice system. Could you tell me more about the power supplies that you're using?

Thanks Ian.
Do you mean MCLK3 and MCLK2 On the dualXO II v7.5-A?
Do you have any specification on expected signal parameters?

Where can I find the latest documentation on the dual XO II board? The one on the GB first page is a bit outdated ;)

Is it possible to have I2S reclock output 1 to output only when reclocking from D3 or MCLK3 and I2S reclock output 2 to output only when reclocking from D4 or MCLK2?
The idea is to have two DACs connected to outputs 1 and 2. If incoming stream is x44.1 use dac one, if x48 use dac two.

Last edited:
Reading July 2011:

1. The FIFO section
.Memory size: 4MB;
.FIFO half-full delay time: 0.743 seconds (for 44.1 KHz Fs);
.Half-full over flow time: 1486 seconds (at 44.1KHz input I2S stream with 500ppm frequency tolerance);
.Smart depth control strategy is integrated.

Is there any detailed information available regarding the FIFO over/under run.
What will happen to the I2S if this happen?

Also, I would like to have on the front a LED flash/indication if this happens.

Any pointer would be useful regarding this over/under run.

Hp

Reading July 2011:

Is there any detailed information available regarding the FIFO over/under run.
What will happen to the I2S if this happen?

Also, I would like to have on the front a LED flash/indication if this happens.

Any pointer would be useful regarding this over/under run.

Hp

Hi HP,

You can use FULL and EMPTY LED to indicate "over run" and "under run" . But normally it does't happen if FIFO has already locked to the input source.

Regards,
Ian

You can use FULL and EMPTY LED to indicate "over run" and "under run" . But normally it does't happen if FIFO has already locked to the input source.

Ian,

OK,

1. what happens to the output sample data if a "over run" and "under run" occurs. Are the previous sample data repeated or?

2. what is your "locked to the input source" condition, while you do not sync input & output sample rate (as I understand)

Hp