Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 188 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2013, 02:17 AM   #1871
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrculda View Post
And #2 LOL

On the Input Board...
Are the inputs selectable or are they all "bridged" ??

I'm looking at the idea of building a preamp.
If they are selectable by the means of i2C or switches/jumpers I'd be interested to see if it can be expanded :P
I'm no good with boards so I'd rather compensate someone that could do it in less time / effort rather than me
Was thinking double the inputs of the Current one would be a decent start for a preamp for the digital section
S/PDIF board function as selectable input, and provides several outputs as well. Input is selectable by switch, so that you could select between optical, coax, AES/EBU or I2S input. I am using it in that manner. Expansion connector is provided so that you could have switch and LEDs on the front panel. Switch circulate between inputs and is not selectable by other means. The only problem I have is that current is way to low for LEDs, and so they are barely visible. There are ways of solving this, but I just did not bother doing it, it is very low on my importance list. Other than that it works perfectly without any glitch so far in my set up.

If you need more inputs, you might need to do it different way, I am afraid. Most likely you would need to have some other unit where you would handle inputs and than you would send out I2S or S/PDIF to the FIFO board.
Old 4th January 2013, 02:26 AM   #1872
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Adrculda Send a message via Yahoo to Adrculda
I'm planing to use HiFiduino with a 5" touch TFT for the interface along with 2 push-rotary encoders the push function on the input selector will turn the unit on and off while the push function on the volume control will act as mute.

Now wondering if there's a I2S capable multichannel DSP in a DIY form out there...
Being a bit sneaky i can easily incorporate HDMI switching as well by canibalizing an ebay HDMI Switch with spdif output for the audio for a cheap way to interface HDMI Audio and gain HDMI Switching:P
Old 4th January 2013, 02:37 AM   #1873
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrculda View Post
Anyways

I can see this thread hit 200 pages in no time!
Can i make a suggestion ??

Can we Wiki this info for future people saving them the trouble of having to read through all of it.
Including the info about the FIFO, clock boards and Input board

Then Ian can append it to his signature for everyone's viewing pleasure :P
This would clean up the thread and keep it on track as most simple questions would be answered
Another good idea! +1

Ian
Old 4th January 2013, 02:56 AM   #1874
diyAudio Member

As Ian has indicated is approval above I've posted a skeleton here - Ian's I2S FIFO Project - diyAudio

I'll start adding some content over the next few days. I know very little about the spdif board or the PCM adapter so hopefully others might contribute to those sections!

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited by hochopeper; 4th January 2013 at 03:01 AM.
Old 4th January 2013, 03:25 AM   #1875
diyAudio Member

Adrculda, just so you know those switch convert normaly anything higher than 44.1 to 48khz. I know I have one ;-) Not the exact same model but close
http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...#specification

If not specified explicitly I would not hope to do 96khz 2 channels or higher with this kind of HDMI switch...
Old 4th January 2013, 03:29 AM   #1876
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Adrculda Send a message via Yahoo to Adrculda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridrik View Post
Adrculda, just so you know those switch convert normaly anything higher than 44.1 to 48khz. I know I have one ;-) Not the exact same model but close
For only $67.50 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 4x2 True Matrix High Speed HDMI® Powered Switch w/ Remote w/ 3D and x.v.Color™ support | Auto & Powered HDMI Switches

If not specified explicitly I would not hope to do 96khz 2 channels or higher with this kind of HDMI switch...
Thanks for the heads up...
Back to the drawing board LOL
Old 4th January 2013, 03:36 AM   #1877
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

will wiki have schematic?

wiki is a great idea, in my experience relying on people to read the wiki..... doesnt quite work as planned, but it will provide an easy 'read the ******* wiki, page X' and overall the thread organism should mean a better informational resource than posts repeated over and over again in the thread by a small circle of users.
Old 4th January 2013, 03:38 AM   #1878
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
will wiki have schematic?
Old 4th January 2013, 03:42 AM   #1879
diyAudio Member

Default HDMI to FIFO

Update: just checked, if I plug my source thru my HDMI switch I'm limited to 44.1khz and 48Khz... If a plug my received with no switch my NVIDIA High definition audio card detect 96khz availability

An even if you send Dolby True HD on the HDMI channel the SPDIF out will probably only send 2 channel 48khz...

One great HDMI compagnon for the FIFO would be the HDfury HDMI to component adapter.

Last edited by Fridrik; 4th January 2013 at 03:45 AM.
Old 4th January 2013, 03:45 AM   #1880
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
As Ian has indicated is approval above I've posted a skeleton here - Ian's I2S FIFO Project - diyAudio

I'll start adding some content over the next few days. I know very little about the spdif board or the PCM adapter so hopefully others might contribute to those sections!

Cheers,
Chris

Thank you so much Chris. I appreciate your efforts to the community!

Now I'm focusing on the Si570 project, I know a lot of friends are waiting for this small board (just got V2.0 PCB ). I'll go through the wiki and add more things.

Any help to the wiki is more than welcome .

Ian

Hide this!Advertise here!